Author Topic: Posting Problems / was Re: Congratulations, MagnusTrask!!  (Read 884 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Posting Problems / was Re: Congratulations, MagnusTrask!!
« on: January 31, 2008, 05:37:22 PM »
Well, I know I posted a reply to this yesterday, and I saw the finished post afterwards, so I don't know how it disappeared!!

How strange. I honestly can't say that I saw it. And I did a backup yesterday at around 3:30pm ET - and there's no sign of the post in the backed up database.  [snow_undecided]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Posting Problems / was Re: Congratulations, MagnusTrask!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 05:53:30 PM »
Josette,

I don't recall seeing it when I checked the Forums in the morning.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 09:02:07 AM »
That's really weird - I remember doing it and I'm sure I looked at the finished post!

Also, last night, I got one of those 120 seconds notices.  Until I composed the second post, I was sure it had to have been longer.  So, I waited a bit and tried again.  This time I was told that I had already posted it!!  So, I looked at the thread, but it was not there.  I waited a bit again and rewrote the post and this time it was added.  Something weird is happening with me!

(This thread is rather inappropriate for all of this, but since you replied to mine, I just continued.)
Josette

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »
Also, last night, I got one of those 120 seconds notices.  Until I composed the second post, I was sure it had to have been longer.  So, I waited a bit and tried again.  This time I was told that I had already posted it!!  So, I looked at the thread, but it was not there.  I waited a bit again and rewrote the post and this time it was added.  Something weird is happening with me!

(This thread is rather inappropriate for all of this, but since you replied to mine, I just continued.)

This exact situation happened to me the other day, too. 120 second notice, then it said I'd already posted, but it wasn't anywhere to be seen. It happened when I first posted to this thread and then my next post (the 120 second-already posted-disappearing post) was in the Happy Birthday David thread. Spooky!
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »
That's really weird - I remember doing it and I'm sure I looked at the finished post!

Maybe you saw it in the preview window?

It happens when the Forum is unable to connect to the database and affects everyone.  There's a topic about it here:
Problem w/posting!

By rewriting the post, I hope you meant that you copied & pasted from the original.

Well, it happens, and we can easily split and move OT posts when they take on a life of their own.  It's just a little more time consuming when the first OT post has more than one subject, so it's helpful that Forum issues be posted directly on the Testing board.   [snow_smiley]