Author Topic: At the library  (Read 582 times)

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
At the library
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:23:30 AM »
During a visit to the local library, I came across a book by Richard Lamparski titled "Whatever Became of...." He wrote a series of these books back in the 1970's and 1980's. And, as you might gather, the book consists of interviews with celebrities who were no longer as prominent in the public eye as they had once been.  This is the ninth in the series, published in 1985,  and has two Dark Shadows connections.

The first is John Beal who presided over Quentin's witchcraft trial. Beal had extensive film and theatre credits including two early films with Katharine Hepburn and an early adaptation of Les Miserables.

The other is Jonathan Frid who also appears on the book cover. The interview doesn't contain any info that today's fans won't already know but I imagine it was all new at the time. There is, however, a picture that I have never seen reproduced elsewhere. It's a shot of him in his NYC apartment, standing next to a portrait of Barnabas, done, I think, by Anne Marie Erenthal.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: At the library
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:27:48 AM »
Great find!
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: At the library
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
I think I've seen that book pop up on ebay from time to time, in fact, here's a copy!