Author Topic: My, How Reactions Change - The May 15th Episodes  (Read 720 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
My, How Reactions Change - The May 15th Episodes
« on: May 16, 2006, 12:28:46 AM »
I've posted before about how I think one of the most unintentionally hilariously absurd moments on DS is when Vicki faints dead away on the floor in Ep #366 upon learning the year is 1795 and all Nathan, Naomi and Barnabas do is stand there for a multitude of seconds merely looking down at her on the floor:

Well, imagine my surprise today when Barnabas actually bends down to try to help Quentin in Ep #1015 after he collapses on the drawing room floor:

What was Barnabas thinking?! Didn't he recall that for the best dramatic effect one is always supposed to simply stare down in shock whenever someone in the room falls to the floor right in front of you?  ::)  [b003]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: My, How Reactions Change - The May 15th Episodes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 12:37:01 AM »
Barnabas isn't being helpful.....he's obviously looking for Quentin's wallet..... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 12:39:40 AM »
Barnabas isn't being helpful.....he's obviously looking for Quentin's wallet..... ::)

::Laughing:: I bet he carries a condom in his wallet.

And I agree with you MB about that particular scene, it was rather hysterical. No one thought during rehearsal that you know, someone might use their legs muscles to bend down and see if she was all right?

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 01:31:35 AM »
vicki,in her little mustard colored suit,is perplextion personified in the early 1795 episodes.i think at one point barnabas suggests that she might feel better if she took a nap(!) and vicki agress that she might. ::)

speaking of that dumb suit...after abigail sends those witches rags away to be burned vicki asks jeremiah to retrieve them because she is "going to need them" when she gets back to her own time.as if with all that is going on with the time-travel and the witch-hunting getting her hands on some ohrbach's suit would really be a priority.

i'm not sure if it's the character at her absolute best or her absolute worst?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.