Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0018  (Read 1448 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0018
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0018
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 04:24:32 AM »
Roger is playing Judge, Jury, and Hangman for Burke. Burke might want to say, you protest to much.

Where are the villagers with the torches?  Would they do it for a Collins?

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »
The crew were careless today.  The foyer table wasn't parallel to the staircase, and the box on the table in the upstairs hall wasn't parallel to the wall.

Yesterday we saw Elizabeth interacting with David, and she was great with him.  Today we saw Vicky with David, and she was pretty unsympathetic, I thought.  David said, "I apologized to my father but he wouldn't listen," and Vicky belittled his trouble with, "Is that all?"

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
I think it would have been more suspenseful if we didn’t already know that David is guilty. A day or two of thinking that Burke is the most likely suspect would have been a little more exciting.

Waiting for Vicky to get downstairs was excruciatingly dull.  And after being in a wreck of that magnitude, I should think Roger would be wiped out.

You're right about that table in the foyer, Lydia. It's all over the place.

I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 02:54:57 PM »
And so the endless Saga of the Bleeder Valve begins.

Vicki takes the longest time to get dressed in this episode! She is still wearing pajamas, so she hasn't yet been promoted to full heroine status.

Roger drives into town with the reluctant Vicki, apparently forgetting the alcohol and pills he just consumed in the previous episode.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 05:33:26 AM »
THe window catch in Vickies room is acting up again.   I was thinking the same thing about what was the reasoning for letting us know that David was behind it instead of making it a mystery between David and Burke or maybe even Matthew.
Roger tells David," Sorry I survived."  The fact that David can go head to head with his father at age nine makes it seem that they have had lots of practice.  Roger is only concerned with himself. Really?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 05:57:58 AM »
Janet-- On my first viewing, at this point my suspicion was that [spoiler]Burke and David were in on it together.   They seemed to be leading us in that direction.  If you think that's a possibility, then David's having the bleeder valve doesn't eliminate the suspense.[/spoiler]

I thought ECS had the room past the Petofi Box, not Vicki.  Maybe it was Judith.

Moltke seems to hold back a smile while Roger isn't explaining the bleeder valve to her.   Someonew corpsing from offstage?   Roger later: "Even a child could do it!"

David's got the bleeder valve!   End.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 03:15:01 PM »
Hmmm - looks like someone on Twitter is watching the same eps as we are - and I particularly like this comment:

KeeleeOnMiso Keelee on Miso
Dark Shadows marathon! Episode 18. I can't decide which is more glaringly obvious, Roger's hatred for his son or EVERYONE'S (particularly Vicky tho... http://bit.ly/qtdfmn
36 minutes ago

(She has other comments on the Web site the link will take you to...)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 06:45:01 AM »
I thought ECS had the room past the Petofi Box, not Vicki.
Don't think we saw the area outside Liz's room, though I could be misremembering, but her room is nothing like Vicki's and is supposed to be in a different hallway.

Moltke seems to hold back a smile while Roger isn't explaining the bleeder valve to her.
Poor thing!

And Vicki has yet to have a full night's sleep at her new job without Roger dragging her downstairs for an interrogation.  But at least she got to wear a different dress.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 06:50:55 AM »
Hmmm - looks like someone on Twitter is watching the same eps as we are

Oh my god, this is great--
Episode 17. Haha, in which the writers of Dark Shadows teach everyone how to tamper with the brakes of their enemies. Helpful diagrams included!

Thanks for the link, MB!