Author Topic: Dan Curtis Mystery Movies Released on DVD  (Read 737 times)

David

Dan Curtis Mystery Movies Released on DVD
« on: August 14, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »
Dark Sky Films, the horror movie subsidiary of MPI Home Video, has released 4 films that Dan Curtis did for late night TV in 1973.
Two features per disc.

Shadow of Fear/Nightmare at 43 Hillcrest
Hillcrest is directed by Lela Swift & features John Karlen

Come Die With Me/Invasion of Carol Enders
Come Die With Me features Kathryn Leigh Scott cast against type as a femme fatale!
Enders again features John Karlen & an unbilled cameo by James Storm.

None of the four are classics, but they are well made fun. Shadow of Fear is a little confusing--it's about a woman with split personality who's stalking herself!

Carol Enders is the only one with supernatural themes--but Come Die With Me is the best. An intense drama that plays out kinda like 1950s live TV.

All four films feature music cues from DS & NODS, including the NODS opening & closing credit music.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Dan Curtis Mystery Movies Released on DVD
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 04:26:25 AM »
Those sound like fun.  I wish somebody would locate the master tape of "The Two Faces of Sean Doolittle," another ABC Wide World of Mystery production directed by Lela Swift with Grayson and Diana Davila in important supporting roles.  Apparently nobody can find it.  Sam Hall wrote the script.  Even though it was supposedly nothing special, I would love to see it.

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 04:31:38 AM »
I can't wait for these to come out. And I agree that I would love to see the Grayson movie regarldess of the quality.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

David

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 05:24:57 AM »
I have a Lela Swift directed film called Alien Lover. Sci Fi aired it once in 1995: I'll copy it for anyone who knows how/is willing to post it on You Tube.
I can copy it onto VHS or DVD.

David

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 05:25:30 PM »
My Alien Lover copy is decent but not perfect. Swift is producer & director. Kate Mulgrew, who worked with Swift on Ryan's Hope for four years, is the star.
I'm transferring it to DVD tonight.
Midnight, MB, want a disc of it so you can post for people to watch?