Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0108(_0109)  (Read 920 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0108(_0109)
« on: December 01, 2011, 12:00:07 AM »
Robservations #0108(_0109)

And remember:
Thursday, December 1: No Episode, originally Thursday, November 24 1966 was Thanksgiving
Friday, December 2: No Episode, originally Friday, November 25, 1966 (preempted for cartoons)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0108(_0109)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:05:09 AM »
OK. Grant it the nearest phone between the Old House and Collinwood may be at Matthew’s cottage, and that’s why Vicki chose to go there, but why she had to antagonize Matthew enough so that he confessed to killing Bill Malloy is quite beyond me. He’s grabs her, threatens her, makes her scream and still she won’t shut the hell up.

I wondered how Matthew got to the roof so quickly when he was only a moment ahead of Vicki, but with DS, who knows?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:27:09 AM »
Your guess is as good as mine, Janet--maybe the cottage is actually pretty close to the Old House, closer than Collinwood at least.

If Elizabeth is so worried about all these "things" happening to Vicki, why did she send her out to look for David in the first place?

David speculates optimistically that maybe the ghosts got Miss Winters.

When Matthew has Vicki trapped at the cottage, she pretends to be sick, although if it was me, I wouldn't have to pretend. Matthew very kindly offers to get her-- whiskey. And Elizabeth already gave her a sedative. [hall2_rolleyes]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:16:21 AM »
Vicki should start disorienting Matthew.   Like, maybe start doing his dishes.   Really, she should sell him on the idea that they should get Liz and her lawyers to help out, since it was an accident.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 09:28:57 PM »
The Robservations captures for this ep have finally been posted.  [santa_smiley]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »
David speculates optimistically that maybe the ghosts got Miss Winters.
That was fun.

And Elizabeth already gave her a sedative.
But that was the night before last, right?  Or maybe a couple of years ago, depending on how they're keeping track of time at the moment.

Elizabeth said that the round trip between Collinwood and the Old House didn't take more than five minutes.  Surely that was a blooper on somebody's part - either Joan Bennett or the writers - because when we first saw the Old House, in episode 70, we saw Vicky and David walking to the Old House, and it was made clear that the Old House wasn't particularly close to the great house.  And if the Old House had been so close to the great house, Vicky should have known about it before episode 70 - although maybe I shouldn't rate Vicky's intelligence that high.  At any rate, by episode 605 the walk from Collinwood to the Old House appears to take fifteen to twenty minutes.  Time and space get suspended and dilated and diluted and utterly mangled on Dark Shadows.

Gosh, how good it feels to have the Old House in the story!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 11:41:28 PM »
A repeat of the urn crashing towards Vickie.  Way to reuse footage.  Vickie goes to Matthew who stops her from calling the sheriff.  I'm not quite sure that Vickie realizes that Matthew is a threat even once she realizes he is lying.  How hard would it be to grab something and clobber him?   I can only hope with this revelation that we never hear about the pen again.  "I have to kill you"  Go Matthew.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 11:47:01 PM »
[spoiler]I'm picturing the Old House staircase, ambulatory since 1897, going outside and pushing the Old House closer to Collinwood each day.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor