Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0107  (Read 1481 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0107
« on: November 30, 2011, 01:58:23 AM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0107
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:37:56 AM »
If Vicki thinks her life is in danger, and Patterson tells her to stay close to the house, why does she go off to the Old House alone? I’m telling you, that chick does not think. (Liz knows this and sends her off to find David anyway.)
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »
Vicki tells Frank that she's been all alone in the house. Is Elizabeth out walking the grounds? But then she comes downstairs, so maybe she was looking for David? WTF?

Sam gets dressed up for his grilling at the police station--he's wearing a (corduroy) jacket and a skinny tie.

Vicki and Frank are very cute together!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:27:52 AM »
Behind the Garners as they're talking seems to be an upside-down map of New England.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 05:05:58 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have any way to see that, but it is funny!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 04:43:56 PM »
I’m telling you, that chick does not think.
You're so right.

Vicki and Frank are very cute together!
This is the virtue of the Watching Project: it gives me a different perspective on things.  As Vicky and Frank talked in the drawing room, all I could think was: they're a perfectly matched couple of dimwits, both thinking they solve the mystery all by themselves instead of having a little faith in their local police force.  Right now, I'm figuring Sheriff Patterson can do the job.  Interesting how he brought Sam Evans in for a second time after the Garner boys had left, and gave Sam a rougher questioning.  Collinsport being a small town, Patterson had to know during the first interview that Sam didn't have a car of his own, but he - i.e. Patterson - didn't say anything at the time.  We are given to understand that Richard Garner has right, by virtue of being Roger's lawyer, to be present at the questioning (whether or not that's true), but if Garner chooses not to be in the police station all day, I guess Patterson can take advantage of Garner's absence to ask the question that's really bothering him.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Richard Garner chastises son Frank in private for suggesting (though not in so many words) to the sheriff that Roger is guilty after all.  Garner's very smooth, but what's he like when the public isn't watching?

I love the outdoor scenes at the Old House.  Wouldn't it have been cool if they had had scenes on the roof of the Old House later in the series!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 11:34:33 PM »
Roger has an alibi. So who is out to get the governess?  Vickie goes around the house turning on all the lights.  Liz tells Matthew to search the cliffs and he heads to the old house.  Vickie gets there and Matthew pushes an urn off the roof and towards the governess on the ground below.  A reprieve from the Pen.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 11:41:28 PM »
Roger has an alibi.
Last we heard, however, the gas station attendant hadn't confirmed the alibi, I think.