Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0104  (Read 1360 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0104
« on: November 25, 2011, 09:04:32 PM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0104
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 11:28:26 PM »
Some interesting items in this ep.:

I confess I have to feel a little sorry for David--everyone automatically assumes he tried to break into Vicki's room!

Elizabeth suggests that Matthew take Mrs. Johnson into town to do some shopping. I suppose Elizabeth phoned her orders to the local stores and had everything delivered. But why would the deliveries stop with Mrs. J's arrival? Maybe she likes to select her own produce as well as make her own mayonnaise!

Vicki nearly gets run off the road--at least no one suspects David this time. The signpost says she's 2 miles from Collinsport. We have to assume she walked there from Collinwood and thinks nothing of walking all the way back. She must be a tireless walker!

I believe this is the first time that someone at Collinwood takes a sedative. A historic moment!  [hall2_grin]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 12:08:59 AM »
BIG SPOILER.
[spoiler]Twice in this episode, Matthew walks into the room right on cue, just as others refer to the man who tried to get into Vicki's room, and to the murderer of Bill Malloy![/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 07:06:01 PM »
Good one, Magnus!  [hall2_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 12:30:16 AM »
Two full weeks for Vickie and they have replaced the old slate at the beginning with a new one.  Elizabeth orders Matthew to put a new lock on Vickie's door.  Will David go in throw the bolt and climb out the window?  Rogers pulls up in front of the house and enters once again telling his sister Vickie needs to leave.  Vickie is walking back from town and almost run down. She returns to the house screaming and banging on the door.  Elizabeth sedates her with pills she frequently takes.  Maybe that explains at least one person not hearing Vickie screaming in the night before.  Perhaps she had sedated Carolyn, David and Mrs. Johnson also. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 12:44:22 PM »
Drat!  The writers set up a golden opportunity to kill off Vicky and they didn't follow through!  What were they thinking?
The signpost says she's 2 miles from Collinsport.
Weird how she gave the impression of walking towards Collinsport rather than away from it.  When she finally made it to Collinwood (with the knocking on the door continuing after Elizabeth had opened it) she said that she had been about a half a mile from Collinwood, so if we can trust Vicky's feel for distances (and I'm not sure I can) then Collinwood is two and a half miles from Collinsport.

I believe this is the first time that someone at Collinwood takes a sedative. A historic moment!
Yes, indeed it was historic.  Elizabeth had told Vicky, "I'm going to get something to quiet you down," and I wondered if that was a blooper, because I thought it was notably tactless of Liz.  Maybe she was supposed to say "to calm you down."  Either way, I liked the way the pill - I think it was a pill - was in a spoon.  And maybe we're supposed to assume Vicky was sort of hysterical, and that's why she caved and took the pill even though she knew Burke was in the course of galloping up to Collinwood on a white horse to rescue her.

I suppose there is something interesting in the situation of Collinwood's stipulated villain of the piece - that's Burke - coming to Vicky's rescue, but I'm just too busy being tired of Vicky to care.  I would much prefer to have seen Matthew driving Mrs. Johnson into town.  Even if neither of them said a word, Thayer David and Clarice Blackburn are both capable of making that a fantastically memorable scene.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
Drat!  The writers set up a golden opportunity to kill off Vicky and they didn't follow through!  What were they thinking?
[hall2_grin] [hall2_grin] [hall2_grin] [hall2_grin]

I would much prefer to have seen Matthew driving Mrs. Johnson into town.  Even if neither of them said a word, Thayer David and Clarice Blackburn are both capable of making that a fantastically memorable scene.

I'm with you, Lydia. That would have been one of the most interesting scenes ever. I can just see Mrs. J asking Matthew his opinion of store-bought vs. homemade mayonnaise.  [hall2_grin]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 02:10:25 AM »
 I would much prefer to have seen Matthew driving Mrs. Johnson into town.  Even if neither of them said a word, Thayer David and Clarice Blackburn are both capable of making that a fantastically memorable scene.

I think so too.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »
Sam goes to leave the Blue Whale, spins around and orders one for the road. Then he leaves without paying. He must have some sort of payment plan at that place.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
I'll bet Sam has a running bar tab as long as his arm!