Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1215  (Read 1194 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1215
« on: May 13, 2011, 11:58:29 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1215
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 01:12:32 AM »
Odd to see people waltzing freely into the Room, just because it's daylight outside those sealed windows.  I thought even setting foot into it could be bad.

Now that we're finding out Morgan isn't so cool, it would be interesting to start finding out PT Gabriel is really a better guy than we expect.   ***  I saw Morgan's slapping of Melanie coming...   Funny how because it was briefly in style circa 1971 to think that's how you deal with an hysterical person, that habit spread retroactively throughout history!

PT Carrie Stokes appears, in lieu of PT Gerard and his psychic feats maybe... and we hear an indirect reference to a character we only see in the last episode, [spoiler]Ben Stokes "Jr."  (not called Amos as in RT).   I feel as if Thayer David's ghost is hovering just out of sight, as we go into Carrie's father's house.[/spoiler]   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 05:50:42 PM »
Poor Morgan, withanother body to dispose of. At least he's already had some practice. And to think that the RT Braithwaites were silversmiths and well respected!

Interesting to see the interior of the Locked Room at last--it seems to have been some sort of state bedroom, most likely Brutus's own.

Quote of the day: Flora to Morgan, when they're visiting Justin's tomb at the mausoleum: Nothing can happen to us now.

I suppose we should also say farewell to David Hurst. It's too bad Justin couldn't have lived longer--he was an interesting and complicated character. But the writers had to set the curse in motion, so he couldn't be allowed to live.

I do like Carrie's little bonnet!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 07:30:50 PM »
David Hurst is a very familiar face, though I can't remember other roles of his.   I've always had the impression that he probably wouldn't have done DS long term, since he worked so much, and in prime time or films.   I think he must have that is, since the face and voice are that familiar.  I wonder where I know him from.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »
David Hurst is a very familiar face, though I can't remember other roles of his.   I've always had the impression that he probably wouldn't have done DS long term, since he worked so much, and in prime time or films.   I think he must have that is, since the face and voice are that familiar.  I wonder where I know him from.

Yes, he did lots of episodic tv in the 60s and 70s, and I'm going to take a wild guess that you remember him from Star Trek as the Ambassador of an overpopulated planet of inhabitants that are immune to disease, so he arranged for his daughter to meet Kirk and become infectious...

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
Quote from: Midnite
you remember him from Star Trek as the Ambassador of an overpopulated planet of inhabitants that are immune to disease, so he arranged for his daughter to meet Kirk and become infectious.

OMG, that was HIM??!! Of course I remember that episode!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:15:32 AM »
And to think that the RT Braithwaites were silversmiths and well respected!
Not all of them.  Tim Braithwaite in our-time 1840 (played by somebody else) also met a bad end through greed, if I remember correctly.  Incidentally, since Quentin has recovered from the plague, I think he could come up with a far better story than the pathetically bad one Morgan put together to account for Tim's death.

I do like Carrie's little bonnet!
Me too.  And I like Kathy Cody.

Golly, Nancy Barrett kept those hysterics going for a long, long time.  And very interesting it was, too!  At first it seemed as though it was the not-Melanie, then it became clear that it was all Melanie, all the time, and we saw that there was more to her than just the sweet simpleton.  What must her feelings be now that her father's ghost has told her the lottery must be held again?  Sorrow that it must be - but also relief that what she's been through hasn't been completely in vain.  That would be logical, I think, but feelings aren't always logical.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 01:20:13 AM »
The Mark of Gideon eh, Midnite?  Thanks.  I actually haven't seen that ST ep for possibly 20 years now.