Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0673  (Read 616 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0673
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:59:30 PM »
Robservations #673

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0673

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 02:07:37 PM »
When Barn fights the creature, it scratches his hand. He manages to attack it with his cane, and it runs off. Once more a mortal man, he knows full well that the cane--and not the gun--probably saved his life.

Amy knows that when the moon is full, her brother is in danger. Julia goes to the cottage and finds it trashed, as Carolyn had described. On her way home, the creature springs to attack her--but collapses, its shirt covered in blood. Julia continues on her way, with no idea of how close she came to death or worse.

At sunrise, Chris returns to human form where he collapsed in the woods. His shirt is bloody and torn where Barnabas shot him. While he lies unconscious, Beth appears. [Well, okay, actually she walks onto the set.] She too is now strong enough to leave Quentin’s Room. She gazes down at the young man with deep sorrow and pity.

When Chris revives, his first thought is of Carolyn. We get another topless shot of DB, yay! Barnabas visits and tells him that Carolyn is all right. Chris's relief is almost palpable.

Amy walks through the woods. Where are you, Beth? she calls. I have to talk to you. Please--it’s important. Amy is delighted when Beth appears. Why did David break his promise that Carolyn wouldn’t be hurt? Amy asks. Why did you let it happen? Beth looks at her sadly. You didn’t want it to happen, Amy realizes. Then why did it? Beth begins to cry. Her weeping is all the more sorrowful for its utter silence. I know you didn’t want it to happen any more than I did, Amy tells her. How can I protect Carolyn--or anyone? (We know she means Chris.) Beth recovers and puts a gentle hand under Amy’s chin to lift her face. I know there’s something you want me to do, Amy says. Looking into Amy’s eyes, Beth conveys her idea by thought alone. Like Quentin, she is still too weak to speak aloud. Listening intently, Amy murmurs, I know.… I know. Beth smiles.

Barnabas finally returns to Collinwood and the relieved Julia. [His injured hand is now bandaged, but no one mentions it, including him--possibly out of manly modesty. He’ll wear a bandage for the next three episodes.] I was worried about you when you didn’t return, she says. He explains, I felt I should keep searching until I decided it was useless. I did manage to shoot the animal, point blank, yet it didn't die. The blast from the gun should have killed any living creature. Before they can indulge in further discussion, they hear a knock at the door. To Julia’s surprise, Barnabas says, That will be Chris. I stopped by the cottage to tell him about Carolyn. Chris comes in. I’m relieved you’re all right, Julia says. Barnabas tells her, Chris is fine--he spent the entire night in the cottage. Several emotions flit across Julia’s face at this announcement. I slept through all the excitement, Chris says. I wish someone had told me--I might have been able to help. But-- Julia starts, then shrugs and says nothing. She tells Chris, You can go up and see Carolyn--she's awake. Chris thanks her and goes upstairs.

Barnabas goes into the drawing room, followed by Julia. He's lying, she declares without preamble. Chris is lying! He didn't have a peaceful night's sleep. I doubt he had any sleep at all. What do you mean? Barnabas asks. She tells him, I went to the cottage close to dawn because I was worried about Chris. He was gone, and the place was a shambles. Why would he lie? she wonders. I don't know, Barnabas says, but apparently he already has the beginnings of a hypothesis.

At the cottage, Amy finds Chris’s torn and bloody shirt and throws it onto the fire she just built in the hearth. The shirt catches fire and begins to burn. I’ve done it, Beth, just the way you told me to do it, she calls out. Are you watching me? A moment later, Chris returns from Collinwood (wearing a business suit--he dressed up to see Carolyn!) and is surprised to find his little sister there and apparently in some sort of trance. Amy, what’s wrong? he asks with concern. Nothing is wrong now, she replies. I have to go. She’s calling me--can’t you hear it? No, Chris replies, puzzled. I can, Amy says cryptically. She runs from the cottage before Chris can stop her. He sees something burning in the hearth and stirs it with the poker. My shirt! he exclaims, totally confused.…..

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »
You know if I were a werewolf who was afraid he was suspected, I might just take to walking around in a suit, to project a respectable image.  I wonder if we can gauge how afraid Chris is by his suit-wearing.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
I guess if Chris shows up in a tuxedo, he must be really, really scared!  [snow_cheesy]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 02:11:53 AM »
LOL, DL!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 09:17:58 PM »
While I was just picking out screen caps from this ep I found it very interesting how the moment of Amy entering the cottage was shot so that her shadow loomed so large:

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »
Nice one, MB! Thanks!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 12:25:18 AM »
I suppose that had to be intentional.  She's playing a role in the plot much larger than her size.