Author Topic: Don't Throw Out Your DS VHS, Please  (Read 1066 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Don't Throw Out Your DS VHS, Please
« on: December 17, 2007, 10:42:30 PM »
Anyone with tapes of pre-Barnabas stories (or 1969 and the first 20% of 1897), who is getting DVDs, I'd like to ask you not to throw the tapes away, but to let me make a deal with you for them, instead, please.   I'm on a very low fixed Disability income, but we can work something out.  It needn't cost you anything, and I may be able to give you a little something further.    I'm saying this because at this stage, people might have already thrown the tapes out, and if not, they will soon.   (Same for any interesting films you may be throwing out... 50s, 60s, and early 70s are most important to me, not so much huge hit films)   Even if I manage to get a DVD player, buying pre-recrded DVD sets is out of the question for me.    I'm on a bare subsistence income.   My tapes will go with me to the grave, I suppose.

Lydia's helped with 1968.  Thanks again.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Don't Throw Out Your DS VHS, Please
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 10:48:22 PM »
By the way, here's an idea:  if you can't bear to part with the great VHS boxes with the individual DS photos on the covers... why not keep the boxes, and let me have the tapes?    Just a thought....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 04:44:01 PM »
Hey Magnus, I don't have any of my DS tapes left (sold them off a while ago) but I do have a ton of obscure movies on VHS I'd be willing to send you. They're all at home in Maine at the moment (I'm in NY) but the next time we head home for a break I'll grab the best stuff and then let you know what I have if you're interested.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 09:12:31 PM »
Thanks very much, arashi!   I'll give an address when you're ready...