Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0971  (Read 2432 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0971
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 06:20:05 AM »
Roger forgetting being a vampire victim at least has precedents.  The totally baffling thing is why Roger forgot the Leviathans, despite his not even having been under their spell in the first place.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 07:31:54 AM »
The wording of the beginning voiceover suggested to me that the parallel time room was created by Barnabas's subconscious to distract him from the troubles that are besetting him in his real life.

This vo suggests that?
Yup.  To me, anyway.
For in this room, Barnabas Collins seems to be able to see a world that exists in parallel time; see, but not enter.
Seems.  Suggesting that it's not real.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 02:49:02 AM »
Thanks!  I thought it meant that he witnessed what seems to be parallel time, but I like that the sentence inspires different interpretations in different people.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 09:50:38 PM »
And why is Barnabas repulsed by Megan biting her victim? He’s a vampire too for crissakes.

Because he's repulsed by his nature.

I have no doubt that this is most likely the best sex Roger has ever experienced.

I have no doubt of that either.  [ghost_cheesy]

We don’t care about you, Willie. It’s all about us. US! US! US!

Exactly. At least on Barn's part. Julia at least has some sympathy for Willie's plight.

I love the music that is played when we see Parallel Time.

I love it too. (There were a few new pieces of music introduced in PT and I felt they were all quite effective.)

Marie Wallace spent her final scene on DS crammed so tightly in a coffin that she had to bend her legs.  She wrote that it was originally built for tiny Nancy Barrett; does anyone know what she's talking about?

Nope - she was never seen in a coffin on the daytime show. Perhaps it was built for a plot point/plotline involving NB that they never went through with[spoiler](perhaps when Barn was attacking Charity in 1897 and/or Ang was causing her to dream Barn would kill her?),[/spoiler]and then it was recycled for VampMeg?  [idontknow]

Something rolled by the window in the PT room... the upstairs PT room.

Part of the window washers' scaffold?  [ghost_grin]

Why is it that we never hear the rooster unless a vampire is around?

He sleeps in unless he senses a vamp is in the neighborhood and in need of a reminder.  [ghost_cheesy]

Thanks!  I thought it meant that he witnessed what seems to be parallel time, but I like that the sentence inspires different interpretations in different people.

Indeed. Though I took it to mean that it had yet to be proved that what Barn was seeing was the phenomenon of parallel time.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »
Where do you find out all these things MB..like discarded plotlines?  Where did you learn that one?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/