Author Topic: A Dark Shadows DVD Review Section?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline libshad84

• View Profile
A Dark Shadows DVD Review Section?
« on: January 26, 2009, 09:41:59 PM »
This is just an idea I have, but I thought it would be nice if we had a topic or forum section devoted to the DS DVD's. The idea is that we could discuss and offer reviews of the DS DVD's we have, rate the DVD's on a scale system, and whatever else we would like to mention about the DVD set.

Again this is just an idea. I figured that a place were people can go to see reviews of DS DVD's (besides Amazon) would be cool and helpful, esp. for people like me who wonder what DVD to buy next.

Let me know what you guys think!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: A Dark Shadows DVD Review Section?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 05:06:14 AM »
Midnite and I have discussed it and we think it's a great idea. I'll get on it as soon as I can find the time in the next few days...

Offline libshad84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:57:55 AM »
Thanks, MB and Midnite. I'm glad that you guys liked my idea. Take your time with it.
I have a few ways that might work out for this new secton.

Have each DS DVD Volume have 2 threads - a DVD review thread, where people post reviews and ratings for the collection - and a discussion thread, where people discuss the episodes on the DVD Set and the overall impact of the collection in the DS world. Also have 2 "Top 5" categories - Top 5 episodes and Top 5 Characters for each DVD Collection.

The DVD collection rating system could be based on a scale of 1-10, (1 being the worst and 10 being the best). It offers more flexibility that a "5 star" system like that on Amazon.

Hopefully others will participate and be helped by this new section!!

Any other ideas would be great!

Thanks!!

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »
I love the idea of a DVD review sub-forum.

I hope the format for posting reviews won't be too strict, I'd love to see an area where members can review any part of the DS DVD catalog in any way they feel so moved  [ghost]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 10:50:52 PM »
We have only one major restriction in mind at the moment - and it will be in place simply to prevent redundant posts and crossposting. But all that will be explained once the board is created...

Offline libshad84

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 03:36:45 AM »
Wow this is really exciting!! I'm already thinking about what I would say in my reviews.

Any other ideas, comments?