Author Topic: HAPPY PSYCHIC DAY!!  (Read 397 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
HAPPY PSYCHIC DAY!!
« on: August 01, 2021, 03:12:00 PM »
Today is Psychic Day. I'd never heard of it until now, but apparently it dates back to the nineteenth century: Psychic Day. Who knew?

And in honor of Psychic Day, lets celebrate DS' most prominent psychics:

Madam Janet Findley

Pansy Faye/Charity Trask

Sebastian Shaw

Leticia Faye/(Carolyn Stoddard*)

Carrie Stokes

(* We saw Carolyn have a vision after Gerard's Ghost had caused her to be possessed by Leticia. Though it had been planned to be revealed that Carolyn was actually Leticia's reincarnation and Carolyn would go on to explore her psychic abilities. But, alas, the show ended before any of that could take place...)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: HAPPY PSYCHIC DAY!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 04:04:00 PM »
Oops - I forgot about -

Roxanne Drew

- but was just reminded as I was working on "must" quotes for the August slideshow...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 06:32:37 PM »
Oops - yet another one I forgot about -

Gerard Stiles

- but in my defense he was only in two 1841PT eps (despite the fact that he expressly stated in his last scene in his second ep that he would continue to help Kendrick - but we never saw him do so - though that's another story entirely)...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 02:55:08 PM »
Amy Jennings? Didn't she have some kind of ESP?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 03:18:05 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Yes, Amy definitely had a connection with Chris because she had dreams and/or feelings about him that revealed things she wouldn't have known otherwise (though in at least one of those cases it was Beth's Ghost who caused Amy to have the dream and who showed her things about Chris).

Also, I suppose 1970PT's Sabrina might also be able to be on the list. I don't recall her displaying psychic powers directly like many of the others, but during one of the seances that she conducted she did reveal that Angelique had been murdered...

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 03:24:16 PM »
I think the Eagle Hill Cemetery Caretaker was possibly psychic. Then again, the venerable caretaker may have just been exhibiting the initial signs of dementia.  [easter_huh]

“You must leave; this is a frightening, evil place.”  [easter_undecided]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 01:20:46 PM »
 [pointing-up]  With him it's so hard to tell which it is!!  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 02:15:19 PM »
Alas, the Eagle Hill Cemetery caretaker was like those other DS characters, such as Judge Crathorne, Tony Petersen and Adam, who just sort of faded away. We never saw or heard much about them again.

Wouldn’t it have been great to see the unnamed cemetery caretaker enjoying a drink at the Blue Whale or sitting at the counter at the Collinsport Inn, being served a BLT sandwich by either Maggie Evans or Susie, the silent waitress? (I wonder if the cemetery caretaker was a good tipper, better than Mrs. Johnson at least?)

I suspect that the EH cemetery caretaker never left the grounds of the cemetery, much like how a sea captain would never leave his ship, even in port.

And, who was Collinsport’s oldest resident, Ezra Braithwaite or the Eagle Hill cemetery caretaker? Who can tell?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 02:55:05 PM »
So many questions BtB!

I have a very strong feeling that every other character would have tipped better than Mrs. Johnson did!  [easter_wink]

And you're right that it definitely would have been a hoot to have seen the caretaker at the Blue Whale or in the diner. I can just picture a scene at the diner of the caretaker and Mrs. Johnson joining forces to rail against store bought mayonnaise! "No! You must never buy it! Never! Never!"  [easter_cheesy]

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 04:30:34 PM »
I could picture him telling Maggie .. The special died by fire .... [stfl]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 07:11:00 PM »
MB,

Yes, I can just see Maggie or Susie very politely trying to tell Mrs. Johnson and the EH cemetery caretaker that they only used Hellman’s REAL Mayonnaise, made with cage free eggs and that the company has been in existence since 1913.

To which the indignant Collinwood housekeeper would retort, “I only served real, homemade mayonnaise to both my late husband and Bill Malloy. God rest their souls. I might as well go to either McDonald’s or Burger King for lunch. What an absolute disgrace! Mr Wells certainly would not have permitted such slipshod practices at the Collinsport Inn Restaurant if he hadn’t been sliced and diced by God knows what awful animal.”  [easter_angry] lol

As to the most “parsimonious’ resident of Collinsport, that’s a tough one. Of course, we saw the “generous” Sarah Johnson, leave Maggie that particularly “munificent” tip of ten whole cents ($.10).

Then again, when the unfailingly faithful and dutiful Beth Chavez was canned by Judith Collins, Edward Collins had to argue with his tight-fisted sister to give Beth a month’s salary severance pay rather than the customary two weeks’ severance pay. Gee, “all” Beth did was to take care of the emotionally disturbed Jenny Collins, see that Quentin and Jenny’s two children were being cared for properly by a woman in Collinsport and perform her many household tasks in the great house of Collinwood.

So, to who had the “shortest arms,” you know, someone who doesn’t like reaching down to their pockets or pocket book, and who routinely got “mad at a nickel, because it’s not a dime,” I’d have to go with Judith Collins as the biggest skinflint in Collinwood.  [easter_angry]