Author Topic: Sleepy Hollow.....formerly known as North Tarrytown.....  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Sleepy Hollow.....formerly known as North Tarrytown.....
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2003, 10:09:15 PM »
I have so many Joeys in my family it's not funny! LOL. (Oops, I guess it *is* funny) ;D

In my family it's Franks....I've actually known 5 generations of Franks from my Grandfather to my cousin's grandson!!  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2003, 10:16:19 PM »
I have so many Joeys in my family it's not funny! LOL. (Oops, I guess it *is* funny) dom

LOL!  dom,  and in my family it's "Carmine" (my Dad's name) and John.  And I have quite a few Aunts named Angelina too!   I guess I broke with tradition then because my kids names are kind of different from the old family ones.   I was so glad that I didn't have a boy because my relatives kept saying,  "oh, if it's a boy you have to name him Carmine!"  And as much as I love my Dad,  well, the name, Im not too crazy about.

Cassandra

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2003, 11:25:15 PM »
I have so many Joeys in my family it's not funny! LOL. (Oops, I guess it *is* funny) ;D

dom

You too? I have at least four uncles named Joe, several cousins named Joe, my father's name is Joe and I have a cousin named Joette. [crazd]

Back on topic  ::)

I would love to visit the Tarrytown area where HODS was filmed. Is there an annual event at Lyndhurst or was it a one-time deal?

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2003, 02:22:36 AM »
Talk about scary, I saw a grave stone in the cemetary with my name on it.  I believe it was from the 1800s?  It gave me chills.

No kidding. It's a Sicilian tradition (in my family anyway) to name the first two boys and girls in your family after your Father's and Mother's parents, respectively. So when you end up attending their funerals you end up seeing your name on their tombstones. A very "weird" experience...

dom

That reminds me of the episode on Cheers where Carla was suppose to follow a similar Italian tradition (well, according to the show) regarding one of her sons.  She didn't want to do it because one name was Benito.  And the other name was Mussolini.  Carla's mom (played hysterically by Sada Thompson) tried to fake dying to trick Carla into doing it.  The whole thing was a riot, one of the funniest episodes of the series.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2003, 06:16:54 AM »
can the montages be downloaded?

Not yet. :( But once the Members' Archive comes back online, I plan to make all the montages that I have copies of available for download. ;)

I have an entire zipdisc filled with them.

Hmmm - if I ask really nicely, do you think that maybe I could get copies of some of the early montages? [smlyg] I lost my copies of montages #1 through #159 when the hard drive I had them stored on crashed  a few years ago and I foolishly hadn't backed them up.  [6184]

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2003, 06:46:25 AM »
LOL!  dom,  and in my family it's "Carmine" (my Dad's name) and John.  And I have quite a few Aunts named Angelina too!   I guess I broke with tradition then because my kids names are kind of different from the old family ones.   I was so glad that I didn't have a boy because my relatives kept saying,  "oh, if it's a boy you have to name him Carmine!"  And as much as I love my Dad,  well, the name, Im not too crazy about.
Cassandra

Hey don't feel too bad Cassandra,  my dad's name is Carmelo but thank goodness my brother named one of his boys the same name so I sort of got out of that one, lol!!!  At least Carmine isn't as ethnic sounding as Carmelo is though.

Deb

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2003, 02:44:31 PM »
can the montages be downloaded?

Not yet. :( But once the Members' Archive comes back online, I plan to make all the montages that I have copies of available for download. ;)

I have an entire zipdisc filled with them.

Hmmm - if I ask really nicely, do you think that maybe I could get copies of some of the early montages? [smlyg] I lost my copies of montages #1 through #159 when the hard drive I had them stored on crashed  a few years ago and I foolishly hadn't backed them up.  [6184]

Sure, MB - and you don't even hafta ask!  I'll start hunting through my stuff and see which one they're on.  I'm one of those who never marks his discs, thinking, "oh, I know now what's on it and I'll mark it later".  Of course, I never do, so I end up looking at each one 'til I find what I want.  Naturally, it's always on the last one.  I do the same thing with stuff I record on video-tapes.  Some people never learn.

Gerard