Author Topic: Reminder:  No DS Friday and Monday  (Read 981 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Reminder:  No DS Friday and Monday
« on: May 23, 2002, 09:58:53 PM »
DS'll be pre-empted Friday and Monday of Memorial weekend.  As the alien in the floaties has rapped ad nauseum-- so often, in fact, that I've wanted to poke out all 3 of his eyes-- SciFi's programming department has elected to show a Scinemathon tomorrow in its place. >:(

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: Reminder:  No DS Friday and Monday
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 10:29:46 PM »

Oh man! Now it's going to take even longer for Harry Johnson to come back on. :'( I'm with you Midnite, wish they'd send that Sci Fi Santa alien back to oblivion. >:(
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 10:48:49 PM »
Boo, hiss Sci Fi channel! :P

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 11:12:39 PM »
Let's not boo and hiss too loudly or we're liable to turn it on some morning at 10am and find ourselves looking at re-runs of "The Jetsons".

Rainey, who knows when to stop pissing off the gods...but sometimes keeps it up anyway.   ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2002, 11:24:53 PM »
Let's not boo and hiss too loudly or we're liable to turn it on some morning at 10am and find ourselves looking at re-runs of "The Jetsons".

Rainey, who knows when to stop pissing off the gods...but sometimes keeps it up anyway.   ::)

Well, I agree we should be grateful to the Sci Fi channel for airing DS at all . . .

however, I'm really tired of these dumb marathons. They take the least little excuse to replace their regular schedule with some marathon. I know Monday is Memorial Day and they're hoping all the kids out of school will spend the day in front of the TV watching their marathon, but the Friday preceding the weekend as well??? THAT's not a holiday!

Since DS performs well for them, why don't they do a Dark Shadows marathon? They could do a random selection of eps, or a string of them from a particular time line, or even show the 1991 prime time series. I've read they ran it once before.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2002, 11:42:18 PM »
I don't know about your school districts, but our kids are off Friday AND Tuesday because there were no snow days.

Oy.... ::)

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2002, 11:56:34 PM »
I wish Sci Fi would run a "Dark Shadows" marathon...to get out of this storyline faster..but if we go faster AM will have left the show soo..anyway I'm not making much sense. I still wish Sci Fi wouldn't pre-empt programming. I like it better when they air from (example) #571-#580..I dunno why, it just seems to make it easier for me to figure out what episode I'm watching. I'm happy that the four volumes of "Dark Shadows" I ordered are hopefully coming tomorrow so I can watch them. But that's way off track. Death to that alien rapper! He's scary..

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2002, 12:35:35 AM »
Boo hoo about DS not being on Friday and Monday!

That Sci-Fi Santa Alien can go back where he came from. Who ever created him can erase him. I found him to be very annoying.  hehehehe  :o

One thing, Friday is not a holiday and the kids here don't get Friday off.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT HOLIDAY WEEKEND
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*