Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0231  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0231
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 05:24:14 AM »
I noticed something the writers overlooked, though.  Joe said his blood type was A, but was it Positive or Negative?  That was very important.  [6184]

Just an idea-- if Maggie is A+, whether Joe's Rh factor is positive or negative wouldn't matter.  An A- or A+ individual can donate to someone who is A+ (and both also to AB+).

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0231
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 07:36:48 PM »
Robert Gerringer's debut!  8) He's such a caring doctor, wish they were all as nice. LOL!

Joe and Sam are anxiously awaiting the doctor's arrival, and in frustration Sam says, "Oh where is that  horse-and-buggy doctor?"  ;D I just love some of the great lines!

After examining Maggie, Dr. Woodard declares she requires a blood transfusion, and gallantly Joe offers to help. IMHO, this is one of the most romantic episodes, simply because Joe doesn't have to give Maggie any of his blood, but because he loves her, he doesn't hesitate. He's completely devoted to seeing her illness through and is willing to do anything necessary to help in her recovery.  8)

After Maggie discovers Joe has given her some of his blood, she tells him to stay out of it. His bewilderment and hurt is all too evident, and who can blame him?

All these great men rallying around Maggie to help her, Sam, Dr. Woodard and Joe, she's very fortunate.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"