Author Topic: Valentines Day Episode?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Valentines Day Episode?
« on: February 15, 2007, 01:19:57 AM »
This morning I saw that FX had interrupted their regular Buffy tVS schedule to air the Valentines Day ep from Season 2 (Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered [in which Angelus impresses Drusilla by giving her a fresh heart that he found in a "quaint little shop girl"  [lghy]]).  So I thought I'd ask a question that differs a bit from dvlvan's-- if DS were to participate in a Valentines Day marathon, what one episode would you choose, and why do you think it's suitable to air on Valentines Day?

OMG, a Valentine floatie just showed up, lol.

IluvBarnabas

Re: Valentines Day Episode?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 01:39:32 AM »
Believe it or not I would pick the very last two episodes of the show with [spoiler]Bramwell and Catherine trapped in the locked room and renewing their love while fighting to survive and keep their sanity (which they do) and Melanie, finally sane once and for all with the curse now ended, and Kendrick, very much in love,  the two of them ready to start a new chapter in their lives away from Collinwood. I mean those two episodes to me were just bursting with romance even with all the supernatural stuff going on.[/spoiler]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:48:40 AM »
[in which Angelus impresses Drusilla by giving her a fresh heart that he found in a "quaint little shop girl"  [lghy]]

See - anyone who might have thought that Barnabas gorging himself on a blood soaked heart seemed farfetched should be changing that opinion right about now.  ;D

But anyway, a few episodes definitely come to mind that I think showed expressions of love:

[spoiler]Ep #191 - nothing proves a mother's love like trying to burn her child alive.
Ep #220 - love couldn't help but be in the air when two men move in together to set up house and one is completely under the domination of the other.
Ep #405 - what better way to display one's love than to curse your beloved to spend an eternity in which everyone who loves them will die?
Ep #411 - the ultimate expression of love is proving a person's love by allowing them the honor of being the first victim of their own curse.[/spoiler]
More may follow...

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 05:27:38 AM »
I don't have the episode numbers, ;), but I think the episode in 1795 when [spoiler]Angelique comes into Barnabas' room and he can't keep his lips off her in those 5 minutes...[/spoiler] hot, very hot.  Of course the rest of the episode may not be valentine worthy but that scene is!!

The other scenes people mentioned so far are good too.
[/color]

Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 04:42:57 PM »
One of those scenes where Vicki was getting ready for her lovely wedding with Jeff Clark, getting all dolled up, Elizabeth was telling her how beautiful she looked, and then...oh yeah, Jeff didn't show up.  Oh well, it was nice up until then.

Okay, I'm being sarcastic  :P

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 08:55:04 PM »
MB, darlin', you know I'm LMAO at your list!  You definitely understand the Dark Shadows approach to romantic love.

I'm not really one for anything related to that holiday, but for me the most romantic episode, when it comes to REALNESS, was in the 1995 sequence when

[spoiler]Julia had briefly broken free of Gerard's thrall and told Barnabas to get away from her and return to their own time, leaving her behind.  Barnabas takes her into his arms, holds her tight, and murmurs those stirring words:  "Not without you.  NEVER without you."  For me, THAT is IT when it comes to romance on the show.[/spoiler]

I do agree that the final two episodes supply a more conventional happy ending.  As Miss Brodie said on a memorable occasion, "For those who like that sort of thing, that's the sort of thing that they like."  I do think that Melanie and Kendrick make a truly adorable couple...

Oh, another fabulous moment for MB's list occurred to me:

[spoiler]Quentin goes down to the Netherworld to fetch Amanda Harris, in a storyline inspired by the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice.  Because she can't keep her paws off him, Amanda gets buried alive under a ton of rubble.  What more festive way to celebrate the Triumph of True Love? *BWAhahahahaha!*[/spoiler]

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:20:40 PM »
I'm LMAO at your list!  You definitely understand the Dark Shadows approach to romantic love.

Thanks. It's certainly more than a bit different from that of most soaps. [wink2]

Oh, another fabulous moment for MB's list occurred to me:

Yes, another perfect one.  [thumb]  And I thought for sure that someone would mention this - but since no one has:

[spoiler]Ep #1023 - (With apologies to Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack) Yaeger surely singing to himself "Tonight I salivate my love for you/Ah ah" as he licks his hands because they'd touched Maggie.[/spoiler]