Author Topic: Gay actor on Dark Shadows???  (Read 3466 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT:  Forum guideline and removed posts
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2002, 06:46:18 AM »
I find endless enjoyment in the affectionate humor on these boards regarding all aspects of DS; however, I don't understand the need for the type of sarcasm that has found its way into this topic, and though it wasn't my original intent to remove messages in this topic, I've begun to do so.  If posters have questions as to why their particular post was removed, you can find your answers by reading my messages in this thread and rereading the guideline that was agreed to when registering, particularly as these pertain to innuendo and privacy.

This rule has been intact since these boards began and it was NOT written to solely address the issue of sexual preference.  And a small number of DS actors have discussed their homosexuality in publications, so it obviously doesn't apply to them.  All posters are asked to respect the privacy of DS actors, actresses, other personnel, and their families, and if anyone resents the guideline or that they're not allowed to spread gossip on the boards, perhaps a moderated posting board is not the place for them.

If someone would like to ask a question about the guideline, please feel free to do so, but if it's to complain about or poke fun at it, or to make backhanded comments about anything that's been said here, keep in mind that I'm already not in the best of moods after removing messages in this thread.

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Re: Gay actor on Dark Shadows???
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2002, 09:11:54 AM »
Sorry everyone....I did not intend to open a can of worms...I guess i have to learn things the hard way...

Adra :-/
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: OT:  Forum guideline and removed posts
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2002, 12:19:26 PM »
And a small number of DS actors have discussed their homosexuality in publications, so it obviously doesn't apply to them.

:o :o :o HUH?

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2002, 08:00:56 PM »
Adra, don't be so hard on yourself!  This has obviously been a good means toward clarifying some of the board's policies and the reasons behind those policies.

I didn't read the posts that were eventually removed nor the ones with a sarcastic tone... however, the ones that do remain I think are good reading for those who have wondered what is or is not appropriate in discussing these sorts of issues.

And, BTW, if anyone does know of any DS actors who have publicly stated that they are gay, I'd be interested in knowing this via e-mail... always nice to know you have something in common with someone you've admired, even if it is something rather inconsequential.

Joe

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2002, 10:09:55 PM »

Very well said Midnite.  :)

I agree Bob.  

I think the policy is a very good idea and many thanks to our Midnite for clarifying that once again for us. :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2002, 09:39:20 AM »
Hi Perankh,  I've been meaning to ask who the other person is in your avatar?  It looks to me like the Columbian singer Shakira, but I wasn't sure.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2002, 11:09:35 AM »
Yes - that is Shakira;) - one of my faves.  If none of you can comment on the actors that have acknowledged their gayness, could u please email me them @

kasumido2@hotmail.com

Offline matthew789

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2002, 01:22:08 AM »
I recall that Joel died of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma- the same disease that killed Jackie Kennedy Onasis.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2002, 10:26:45 AM »
Yes - that is Shakira;) - one of my faves.  

Thanks Perankh!  Both my daughters listen to her songs too.  She's becoming very popular here in the U.S.  :)

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2002, 05:57:47 PM »
Louis Edmonds. It's discussed rather openly and casually in the authorized bio by Craig Hamrick.

I don't know of any other DS actors that have discussed their sexuality in public.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2002, 09:17:31 PM »
I don't know of any other DS actors that have discussed their sexuality in public.

Keith Prentice.