Author Topic: Laura Collins???  (Read 1097 times)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Laura Collins???
« on: July 22, 2002, 08:17:42 PM »
Hey guys!...just wondering....did anyone see the commercial that aired during Dark Shadows today...it was about an album called BRITISH INVASION....on the commercial there was a woman i believe by the name of Paula Clark singing a song named "Downtown"....is it just me or does she look like Laura Collins a little??...especially since she has almost the same hair style...I think it was hilarious....if you haven't seen the commercial watch for it...it usually comes on at least once or twice during DS....

Adra :D
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Laura Collins???
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 08:22:53 PM »
Her name is Petula Clark and I think the resemblance has more to do with the quintessentially 60's hair-do than an actual facial resemblance to the actress who played Laura Collins (who's name I DON'T know!).  

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 08:34:43 PM »
Her name is Petula Clark and I think the resemblance has more to do with the quintessentially 60's hair-do than an actual facial resemblance to the actress who played Laura Collins (who's name I DON'T know!).  

Raineypark

Rainey, That's Diana Milay (Laura)   You're right, everyone did have the same hair style back then. And it made everyone looked so much alike & older than they actual were. Could you imagine all the hair spray those styles took?    Thank goodness hair styles have changed!! ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 10:24:32 PM »

Rainey, That's Diana Milay (Laura)  

Thank you Cassandra.....there are days I'm lucky I remember MY name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummm...oh, yeah, Rainey!  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2002, 10:57:49 PM »

Hi Adra,

I agree, Pet Clark (now that you mention it) would remind me of Laura Collins. I heard, but did not see the commercial today. I am picturing Pet's (USA release) DOWNTOWN LP cover and it is very reminiscent of Laura (even down to the mole - I think they both sported moles!?!).

Dom