Author Topic: Smiley Names  (Read 862 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Smiley Names
« on: September 04, 2008, 06:09:35 PM »
[ghost_wub] A WUB seemd to fit my expression, but what is one?  And what is an AZN not. Sorry to get off topic! :(

WUB is baby talk for LOVE - as in "I wub you."  [ghost_wink]

As for AZN, for as long as this forum has been in existence I've been wondering what that stands for. In the main smiley set, it's actually a hidden smiley that looks like this:  ^-^ The developers have never explained it, but AZN in texting shorthand is short for Asian, so it may have originally meant that, and the ^'s in the abbreviation :
Code: [Select]
^-^could represent slanting eyes - though I can't say the smiley itself looks Asian to me. To me, the two ^'s in the code seem to represent the raised eyebrows:

And in fact, the AZN smiley is used most often to convey a snarky mood, as represented by the raised eyebrows and the curled up lip. (Though even if at one time the smiley was originally meant as a representation of Asians and it's meaning has since changed, which I believe it has, I don't think it was ever meant to convey that Asians are snarky.)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Smiley Names
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »
Okay I see.  I didn't notice that link.  I am sorry my dear!  Thanks for all the help and lovely trailers!!

Tae
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/