Author Topic: Isn't it too early to be '08 II?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Isn't it too early to be '08 II?
« on: June 12, 2008, 01:21:36 AM »
I suspect this topic may have come up before. [ghost_embarrassed] If so, I'm sorry to be repetitious and not searching for previous posts. I guess I'm too lazy. [ghost_closedeyes] I  just noticed that there are now Calendar Events / Announcements '08 II and Current Talk '08 II boards here. But aren't those boards a month early? [ghost_huh] This is only June, and the second half of the year doesn't start until July. [ghost_nowink] I would like an explanation of this, please.   [ghost_undecided]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Isn't it too early to be '08 II?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 01:44:25 AM »
I thought the same myself.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 02:27:02 AM »
Well, I know two people who didn't read this topic:

... I (prematurely :-[) created the two latest archive boards ...

But as you'll also see from that topic, it was fortuitous that I did.  [ghost_wink]

That being said, please remember this very important part of the forum's guidelines:

It's also up to you to be sure to read and follow any instructions that might be posted to either the "Testing. 1, 2, 3..." board and/or specially marked topics atop any of the other boards. Failure to read additions/amendments and/or special posts will not be considered an excuse should you violate a guideline or fail to comply with a request.

You both lucked out this time that the topic in question wasn't all that important - but that is rarely the case of this board. RARELY...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 02:31:38 AM »
And if it helps, a recent search-- 20 days is sufficient, since earliest posts on the '08 II boards are from very late in May-- of the Forums (the Search feature is our friend) for "archive" brings up 6 posts, or half that if Mysterious Benefactor is entered as the user, including the one MB just quoted.   [ghost_smiley]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 03:50:46 AM »
Well, I know two people who didn't read this topic:

... (prematurely :-[) created the two latest archive boards ...

...Failure to read additions/amendments and/or special posts will not be considered an excuse should you violate a guideline or fail to comply with a request.
You both lucked out this time that the topic in question wasn't all that important - but that is rarely the case of this board. RARELY...
Thanks, MB. OK, so you created the '08 II board prematurely.  But I'm glad you did... that drop down thingy was rather aggravating. [ghost_wink]

Are you bawling me out for not using the
Search feature first? Gee, I'm sorry... I guess I'll have to read the Testing, 1,2,3... board and use the Search feature more often. [ghost_smiley] I don't see how my starting this topic is breaking the rules, though.  [ghost_sad]

And if it helps, a recent search-- 20 days is sufficient, since earliest posts on the '08 II boards are from very late in May-- of the Forums (the Search feature is our friend) for "archive" brings up 6 posts, or half that if Mysterious Benefactor is entered as the user, including the one MB just quoted.   [ghost_smiley]
Thanks. Midnite. [ghost_grin]

One thing that aggravates me about the
'08 I and '08 II boards is trying to figure out which one has the topic that I want.  I noticed that in the '08 II boards, there are posts from early May, which should be part of '08 I. [ghost_azn] I guess I'll just have to use the Search feature more often. [ghost_rolleyes]  (Will it be fixed later?) 

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 04:16:06 AM »
Are you bawling me out for not using the Search feature first?

I don't believe I mentioned or even hinted at the Search feature at all in my reply. Though as Midnite quite rightly pointed out in her reply, "the Search feature is our friend".  [ghost_wink]

I don't see how my starting this topic is breaking the rules, though.  [ghost_sad]

I don't believe anyone said that it was.  [ghost_smiley]  I merely reminded that everyone agreed to keep up with reading this board when they became members of the forum.

I noticed that in the '08 II boards, there are posts from early May, which should be part of '08 I. [ghost_azn] I guess I'll just have to use the Search feature more often. [ghost_rolleyes]  (Will it be fixed later?)

As is always the case when it comes to archiving, all topics started before June 30, 2008 will be properly archived once they run their course (meaning after they haven't been posted to in a while). Some topics from early May have remained on the CT '08 II and CE/A '08 II boards either because they're still being posted to or they're likely to be posted to in the near future (as in Roland possibly adding his thoughts to the Watching Project topics). Keeping still active topics on the most recent version of CT and CE/A regardless of their starting dates has always been and will continue to be the policy.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 08:29:46 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me, MB! [ghost_cheesy] I really appreciate it. [bigok] I'm relieved that you're not angry with me. [whew]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]