Author Topic: "Extra-Special, First Time Ever Surprise"  (Read 2351 times)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "Extra-Special, First Time Ever Surprise"
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2002, 08:16:53 AM »
I must admit that when I first read that, I thought it was merely a gimmick to attract more people to the Fest.  I suspect it will turn out to be something rather mundane, like never-before-seen video footage from outside the studio or one of the star's guest appearances on a game show, but don't let my cynicism bring you down.  

As for potential "surprise" guests, might either of the Halls be interested in attending?  Have they done so in the past?

Or, maybe Darren really has found the lost House of DS footage and simply hasn't told us because it's supposed to be an "extra-special" surprise.  ;)

ProfStokes

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2002, 08:46:10 AM »
Sorry to say professor, it isn't HODS footage- though I wish it was. I wasn't even planning on going next year, at this point.

That's one of those things I would definitely make a big news item about. Having done that progress report thing on this site, I would probably make the announcement on my website, my email newsletter, this and Stuart's site all at the same time- and that would most likely be within 24 hours after I examined and definitively confirmed the existence of the footage.

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2002, 08:48:58 AM »
As for potential "surprise" guests, might either of the Halls be interested in attending?

That was my first thought...I assume both still live in NYC.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2002, 08:52:25 AM »
As for potential "surprise" guests, might either of the Halls be interested in attending?  Have they done so in the past?

Both may have. I know Matt Hall was at the 1989 NY Fest because I saw him. Sam Hall was supposed to attend the 1991 LA Fest, however, I think he was a no-show. But I'm sure someone who was there that year will be able to confirm or refute that.

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2002, 03:49:31 PM »

Sam Hall was supposed to attend the 1991 LA Fest, however, I think he was a no-show. But I'm sure someone who was there that year will be able to confirm or refute that.

The 1991 L.A. Festival was my first, and my best recollections are Sam Hall was not there.  As far as the extra special surprise goes......I asked Jim about that after the banquet and his reply was that whatever it was going to be, it would be announced well before the Festival.

Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2002, 06:56:51 PM »
I was gonna guess Alexandra Motlke. ..after the 35th anniversary event which she attended, seemed to go so well.  But after the Friday and Sunday night debacles. . i truly wonder if the big Surprise will be "NO MORE DS FEsts..???"
Julia99

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2002, 04:09:11 AM »
:o  Hope it's a nice surprise since it'll be my first one that I will be attending ever.  I really don't like to travel but I can't wait to meet everyone and that's a great surprise for me.  To meet all of you.   ;D

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2002, 06:54:44 PM »
:o  Hope it's a nice surprise since it'll be my first one that I will be attending ever.  I really don't like to travel but I can't wait to meet everyone and that's a great surprise for me.  To meet all of you.   ;D

I hope so too. Hopefully I be there and it'll be my first
time too  :D