Author Topic: Snap Judgment: J.J. Abrams' 'Fringe'  (Read 729 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Snap Judgment: J.J. Abrams' 'Fringe'
« on: June 05, 2008, 07:11:10 AM »
For those who may not recall, FOX's new fall series Fringe features Blair Brown, and she's mentioned in this snap judgment by Entertainment Weekly's Gary Susman: Snap Judgment: J.J. Abrams' 'Fringe'. But I have to almost completely disagree with his opinions concerning the trailer - or at least the trailers I've seen, which have gotten me quite intrigued to see what the series will be like.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Snap Judgment: J.J. Abrams' 'Fringe'
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:51:47 AM »
It looks very interesting from the trailer.  I've never seen any of Abram's shows, like Lost, but I very much enjoyed his film Cloverfield.  I'll give this one a watch when it airs next season.

Gerard

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: Snap Judgment: J.J. Abrams' 'Fringe'
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »
I think Susman's Snap Judgment is just that. I've seen a couple of trailers for the series, and I, too, am intrigued by the trailers and I will definitely tune in to the series. Abrams is known for building a positive buzz for his projects (see Cloverfield) so this early in the game maybe he just wants it to seem jumbled so he has that much more to reveal once the series premieres.

And yes, this whole thing might've been done before with The X-Files (which I love) but there's a whole generation of people who haven't even seen The X-Files and probably never will, so there's a huge young adult and teen market to grab with this show, as well as grabbing fans of The X-Files who've been yearning for something else like that show for years now.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran