Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0179  (Read 790 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0179
« on: March 30, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0179
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »
Blessings on your frosty pow, Daniel Keyes my jo!  And curses on the strike that took our Danny boy away from us before I could see him in another role!  But at least I saw him in this one.  Every word out of the caretaker's mouth is pure gold.  By the way, I keep wondering if Keyes's pow was naturally frosty or if he had it frosted for the role.

What happened to Guthrie's glasses today?  Did John Lasell throw a fit and refuse to wear him because he thought they made him look dorky?  Well, I've seen him wearing them enough so that now I really feel for Guthrie without them.  If I have my glasses off for very long, I feel vulnerable, not to mention getting a headache.

I like the fact that Joe didn't know what jasmine smelled like.  It's a type of reality that tended to get dropped later in the series.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:56 PM »
I like the fact that Joe didn't know what jasmine smelled like.  It's a type of reality that tended to get dropped later in the series.

I liked it for that reason, too.

"You don't understand!  They were ALL alive!!"  It seemed like rambling at first, but he means, I think, that the spirits matter as much as those fortunate enough to happen to be living, at the moment.   Their lives were/are just as "real", and legitimate, as ours.   So leave them be.

"They take their deaths with them to their graves... it's all they have."  Another line that I only noticed during a sort-of accidental re-viewing.   I've thought in recent years that ghosts might not really be the continuation of a person's entire self, but just a fragment, which might be one reason you usually can't reason with ghosts.  They just seem to need what they need, and they're utterly single-minded, often being fixated on the one most troubling trauma or disaster in their lives.   A ghost might be the fragment of a soul which is obsessed with her/his death, and which can't work out a way to "live" with what happened, because, being just a fragment, he/she hasn't got the inner resources.   So they go around and around in a sort of obsessive thought-loop, forever, with no exit.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 12:41:05 AM »
Yes, the jasmine business was nice. This is the first time Joe is present when Josette is up to something!

And yes, Daniel Keyes was terrific!

Not only did Peter Guthrie not have his glasses, he was also wearing a different, darker coat.

Watching Project

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:31:58 PM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have finally been posted.  [easter_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »
I keep noticing some tinsel like blob near the middle of the coffin. Joe later calls it a seal, but it still looks like strips of tinsel hanging down. Frank arrives to stop the desecration but it goes on. After all the struggle with the coffin and Guthries lines, the coffin opens by itself.  Another missing Laura.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times