Author Topic: TV or not TV: A DS Musical  (Read 852 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
TV or not TV: A DS Musical
« on: January 19, 2009, 10:34:17 PM »
It's no secret that I was less than upset when DC's idea to turn DS into a Broadway musical imploded. But apparently at least one of the people who contributed to this column is still holding out hope: TV or not TV. But if such a project ever could come together, please God, don't let it be a comedy in the vein of Spamalot (which is one of the suggestions :o)!

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: TV or not TV: A DS Musical
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 05:19:14 AM »
Considering the somewhat recent vampire musical based on the Lestat mythology (and wasn't there a Dracula musical within the last decade?  -- I don't recall), a DS Broadway musical comedy would die a FAST death.  Only a DS musical stage show that enhances the drama and romance (ala Phantom of the  Opera and Jekyll and Hyde will have any success...and only if written by Broadway pros (of which I am not one, even though I once thought I knew how to approach this concept....LOL.)

Brian

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 06:43:21 AM »
I haven't heard about this at all--my only comment on DS as a musical comedy is: EWWWWWWWWWWWW! [sour]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

RachelDrummand

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 07:40:20 AM »
I really hope this happens and not in the vein of Spamalot. I'd love to see it if it's done properly ala Phantom of the Opera, Jekyll and Hyde, etc.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 02:43:21 PM »
Urgh. I thought this idea had died quite a long time ago. For those that want it I hope you get what you want, me personally I could do without it.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:14:44 PM »
It did die a long time ago. The idea in this article is just the brainchild of whichever person came up with it. It's not like it's anything official - thank God. I mean, just look at some of their other ideas.  [snow_wow]

RachelDrummand

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »
I think it would be awesome if some of the DS fans got together and created this...but it would have to be serious. We all tend to write parodies songs but I would love to try my hand at it. But sadly I can't compose music so...oh well.