Author Topic: ** No Resurrection For Shadows **  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: ** No Resurrection For Shadows **
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 07:37:24 PM »
Hi Patti, the answer is YES; the actors get paid for their work in the movie.

I imagine if there is ever a DVD release, they'll get some residuals from that as well, but it sounds as if TPTB want to hide the movie in a black hole.  I'm very curious now as to whether the announced "preview" is going to happen at the Festival Weekend.  My purely amateur, totally uninformed guess is that that particular event will be quietly canceled.

At this point, *I'm* curious to have a look at it, though.  First they said it was the most wonderful thing since the Walton's Family Xmas; now they claim it was crapola?

Makes you wonder whether you can get a severe spinal injury from back-peddling at that acute an angle.

G.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 10:06:44 PM »
Makes you wonder whether you can get a severe spinal injury from back-peddling at that acute an angle.

One would hope so.

Here is a link from Fangoria hot off the press where Todd McIntosh, make up artist shares some insights into the pilot and has some pixs to share of some of the make-up he did.

Fangoria News

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 10:43:19 PM »
That's a really interesting little piece, Victoria.  Thanks for sharing it.  It does sound as if the "preview" is still on the cards--I do hope we get to see this.

I personally find that make-up artist's work beyond OTT, but he won me over with his obvious devotion to Dark Shadows.  That did look like Alec Newman in the top photo.

My apologies to fans of the English language (a once popular tongue, gradually wiped out in the late twentieth century)--my original post should have spelled the phrase "back-pedaling," though I suppose there's a certain macabre justice to the way my fingers insisted upon spelling it.

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 02:00:39 AM »
On the heels of Jordan Levin's departure, the WB's senior VP for programming and scheduling, John Litvack, announced today that he's leaving as well.

None of you have been modeling voodoo dolls from clay in the likeness of WB execs, have you?  Just thought I'd ask... :P

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 02:42:01 AM »
On the heels of Jordan Levin's departure, the WB's senior VP for programming and scheduling, John Litvack, announced today that he's leaving as well.

None of you have been modeling voodoo dolls from clay in the likeness of WB execs, have you?  Just thought I'd ask... :P

Not I. Now, if I knew how..............................

Speaking of Jordan Levin I was wondering if he actually impeded DS from going to series. I read again the Scifi article MB posted here and it seems this could have been the case. The head of the WB, Garth Ancier, seems to give the appearance-ok he said it, that if John Wells came back to him
he would be willing to place DS on its schedule. I would have to guess that Ancier may have been spinning a bit there, but I believe at the very minimum, he has opened the door for the DS producers to try to convince him to give them another chance. Hope he is a man of his word and that the DS producers do not drop the ball. It is not too often you get another chance at a rejected pilot.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 02:56:16 AM »
Not Voodoo dolls, Midnite......Poppets... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 05:27:16 AM »
Here is a link from Fangoria hot off the press

Thanks so much for the link, vw - great article and pix!

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 06:27:52 AM »
Well just in case the WB would be willing to continue with Dark Shadows if John Wells still wanted to work on it; here is Wells address. I hope some of us will write to him to let him know how much we would like to see a new Dark Shadows series.

John Wells Productions
4000 Warner Blvd.
Bldg.1
Burbank, California 91522

Misa

Edited by Midnite

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2004, 12:49:15 PM »
Thanks for the link,,,,very interesting.

But, IMHO, too 'gory'; wanted more of an atmospheric piece....not so much in your face BOO!!!

(Thank opening scene, if played orig...VW having a dream where Halloween kid turns into a past-victim  sounds very good.)

Patti

PS...Steve, I don't know about you, but I speak American; a dialect of English, yada yada, fersure fersure!!
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2004, 12:33:32 AM »
TV Guide Online's Matt Roush is asked about the DS remake in today's Ask Matt column.