Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0308  (Read 879 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0308
« on: September 27, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »
Robservations - #308

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0308

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »
I liked the smile on Julia's face after finishing her conversation with Sam and Joe.  She has no doubts.  She'll rehabilitate Barnabas, and Maggie will be safe, and she'll be world-famous - and then what will she do?  Open a clinic for reluctant vampires?  Start work on some other medical problem that nobody has ever heard of?  Nothing, I suspect, will ever again make her as happy as she is right now.

Once again I love David's and Carolyn's expedition to Bangor.

Sarah gave her doll back to Maggie.  That's proof that the connection between Sarah and Maggie isn't broken.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:59:36 PM »
Sarah gave her doll back to Maggie.

What's going to be bizarre about that is that[spoiler]coming up in Ep #310, Sarah will have her doll back. And I haven't rewatched beyond that ep, so I don't remember if Maggie will still have the doll in a future ep. But if so, that will make things even more bizarre. But maybe Sarah has more than one doll and they all look exactly alike. And perhaps they're even all named Samantha.  [ghost_wink][/spoiler]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 04:04:51 PM »
Carolyn and David, shopping together in Bangor! I remember the days when she referred to him as the "little monster."

I also like the scene where Sam and Joe are looking for Sarah in the woods and find the swing swinging--just as if a child had just jumped off it.

At the Old House, Sam lets Julia have it with both barrels. "The master of the evasive answer!" he calls her, then stomps out. But Joe sees how angry and insulted Julia is and apologizes for Sam. Considering how she has put herself in harm's way while juggling Maggie's sanity and Barnabas's cure, no wonder Julia is upset.

I love the fact that Sarah gave her doll back to Maggie. The poor little ghost can't be everywhere at once, but she does make it clear that she still feels connected to Maggie--and that Maggie still needs what protection she (S.) can provide.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 07:14:10 PM »
Oh, great now I totally dislike Julia because of that sinister smile. Grayson was excellent in this episode! What a joy it was to watch a pro in action. I wonder if Sam is writing yet?

At first I was somewhat shocked by Sam's attitude toward Julia but when I re watched the ep I saw that everything was leading up to the confrontation. Julia's really in the hot seat. Even Carolyn is becoming suspicious of her.

And my thoughts exactly, DL, regarding Carolyn & 'the little monster', they've both come a long way in a year.

The swing, dear lord, the swing. I guess Sarah ran off to hide in the family crypt. Why she didn't materialize her self there is anyone's guess. Someone needs to oil that gate.

And speaking of Sarah, why would she give Maggie back the doll? I know it's a woman's prerogative, but sheesh, kid, make up your mind! So many possibilities as to why. My question is, is Sarah communicating with us or the Evans family?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »
dom, Dark Shadows Wiki has pages for all the episodes of both series and the movies. Each episode page tells you who wrote the show. They also have a page for Sam Hall with a brief bio and a list of the episodes he wrote. His first episode was 357. We're getting close!

I guess Sarah has forgiven Maggie for temporarily forgetting her. And returning the doll to Maggie may have been Sarah's rather circuitous reply to Barnabas's pleas to her at the mausoleum. So she's communicating with the Evanses--and maybe indirectly with Barnabas too.

And if you're going to have a mausoleum on your show, the gate just HAS to be squeaky!  [ghost_grin]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »
An empty swing swaying in the breeze means Sarah was there?  I wonder why there is a swing in such good shape near the old house. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 11:15:14 PM »
We saw David swinging on it long ago, so I suppose Elizabeth had Matthew Morgan set it up for him.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »
I"m WAY behind, but I'll try to catch up as much as I can.

Joe's reluctance to believe in the supernatural reminds me of Roger's...they'll only believe it when it comes face to face with them. But Joe was willing to believe that Laura Murdoch Collins was also the same Laura Murdock Stockbridge and the same Laura Murdoch Radcliffe who burned her son David to death along with her. If one can believe a certain woman can make herself rise from the ashes and burn to death over and over through out the centuries I don't see why the existance of a ghost should be so hard to believe.

I'm wondering if Sarah may have realized that something happened to have made Maggie forget her but she can't quite fathom what it could be. I like that she still looks out for Maggie.

Having David lead Sam and Joe to Sarah would have been a nice gesture on his part even if it had meant he'd have to postpone a trip to Bangor, but I have no doubt it would have been in vain. Sarah wouldn't have appeared to them because it wouldn't have been in her interest to do so. She may want to protect Maggie but even though she won't appear to him and doesn't like what he does, I don't believe she wants to expose Barnabas.

Yes I like Carolyn and David's trip to Bangor. If I had been his age, that would have been my 'perfect, well-balanced' diet too, LOL.

Sam might appear to be unreasonable lashing out at Julia, but I think Julia is making a blunder spending a bit too much time at the Old House. How much time does she spend with Maggie, other than making sure she doesn't remember about Barnabas kidnapping her?

I loved seeing Sam and Joe find the empty swing...it proves that Sarah was there, but as I say she isn't going to make an appearance to them.