Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0497  (Read 1185 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0497
« on: March 12, 2008, 01:40:56 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0497
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »
Clever John Karlen.  No Beckoning for him!  Just one commanding zombie-like swing of the arm, and David was in the door.  Nice spooky reading of the awful poem, too.  David Henesy, on the other hand, did no better as a Dreamer than he did as a Beckoner.  He just couldn't get himself into the terror of the Dream.

They dropped another door out of the dream, so I guess four is the maximum number.  And they rearranged the doors, too.  The skull door used to be on the right, and now it's on the left.

Maggie didn't seem as upset as I would have been in her place, when Willie suggested they go out together and tried to rationalize it as just a friendly outing.  But then, she has never seen When Harry Met Sally.  I was dying to have Billy Crystal to walk into the Old House and explain the facts of life to Maggie.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »
Maggie may have thought Joe was being childish over the whole thing, but I can see his point...she DOES act weird whenever she's wearing those earrings. Her accusing Joe of believing she's got another man on the side is definitely not something she would say without those gosh darn things.

I really don't like Willie contemplating killing Joe. He's taking everything Maggie says the wrong way. Just because she's no longer afraid of him and is even willing to be friends with him does not mean she' s looking for anything more. Even if Willie had gotten rid of Joe, I doubt her feelings for Willie would have grown any more than it has. Willie should just be satisfied that Maggie even wants to be his friend.

Poor Mrs. Johnson.....she held out as much as she could, but she just couldn't take any more. And now poor David has been settled with the dream. Even though it was pretty fake looking, that spider creeped me out....I absolutely HATE spiders!!

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 10:48:18 AM »
And now poor David has been settled with the dream. Even though it was pretty fake looking, that spider creeped me out....I absolutely HATE spiders!!
I absolutely HATE spiders, too, especially big ones! [snow_shocked] I agree that spider was pretty fake looking, though. [snow_wink]

I agree that  Willie was taking Maggie's newfound friendship too far. However, I did feel sorry for him when he told Maggie how lonely he was. [snow_sad]

I think Maggie was acting strangely when she wore the earrings because she was starting to remember what  Barnabas did to her the year before. When Maggie "forgave" Willie and was friendly too him, I think somewhere in the back of her mind she knew that Willie was warning her about Barnabas when he came to her house and was shot.  [snow_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:33:06 AM »
Mrs. Johnson's heartfelt anguish over having to tell the dream to David makes for some of the most genuinely poignant scenes in DS history.  Her watching over him as he sleeps is really very touching and Clarice Blackburn does a beautiful job in the role. 

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 10:03:43 AM »
Yes, that is a sweet moment.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 02:48:36 AM »
CB can step in and make any scene 'real'.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor