Author Topic: Richard Matheson Dies  (Read 550 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Richard Matheson Dies
« on: June 25, 2013, 01:55:11 AM »
Richard Matheson, who developed story and/or wrote DC's made-for-TV movies The Night Stalker, The Night Strangler, Scream of the Wolf, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Trilogy of Terror, Dead of Night, and Trilogy of Terror II (and who also wrote one of my all-time favorite horror films, The Legend of Hell House), has passed away:

Richard Matheson dies

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Richard Matheson Dies
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:41 AM »
He's done so many great things, without his name being a household word.  Well, anyone with taste who knows horror and science fiction and everything inbetween (and other genres too I'm sure) either know him, or know and love his work even without knowing the name.

Offhand, Twilight Zone, "The Incredible Shrinking Man", the Star Trek episode "The Enemy Within", "I Am Legend"...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

David

Re: Richard Matheson Dies
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »
His novel Bid Time Return became the lovely film Somewhere in Time, which reminded me of the Victoria Winters/Peter Bradford time-tripping love story.
And I still think that The Legend of Hell House, buried by The Exorcist at the time of it's release, is the better film.