Author Topic: Chloe Moretz blood-soaked as Carrie  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Chloe Moretz blood-soaked as Carrie
« on: August 24, 2012, 04:29:40 PM »
I was just flipping through the next issue of EW and came across a First Look photo of a blood-soaked Chloe Moretz from the Carrie remake. And thankfully I see that it's also available on the Web site:

'Carrie' remake: Moretz revives a classic image and Moore has mommy issues -- EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK

It's also interesting that on the Web site there's more to the accompanying article than there is in the magazine. But that seems to be happening a lot lately.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Chloe Moretz blood-soaked as Carrie
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:23:10 PM »
It's interesting that in three cinematic versions, now, of Stephen King's novel, they never portray Margaret White the way she's described in the novel (a heavy-set, almost muscular woman with hair tied in a bun and wearing rimless glasses).  But then, in the novel as well, Carrie is slightly pudgy ("puddin'" is one of the taunting nicknames given to her by her abusive, bullying classmates). 

Gerard

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
Chloe is also in US magazine this week, where she provides an inventory on the contents of her purse.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »
Interesting that Stephen King's stories are starting to be remade. I hope they do a good job with it. The early adaptations are great, but there were a handful in the 80s that were so bad they're awesome. Graveyard Shift is a particular guilty pleasure in this house. My sister, nieces and I spontaneously break into the outrageous down-east accent the foreman sports. "Guh-rave-yahd Shift!" Also, Pet Semetary was filmed right in the area I live in in Maine, in fact, the scene where the truck driver starts out on his route, you can see the Bucksport Mill in the background. I can't tell you how many times I've driven past there, and Fort Knox, where I used to work, is directly across the river.

Chloe is one of the few young actors in Hollywood whose career I'm interested in following. As for the Stephen King stuff, I think IT is being remade as well. I loved the director's adaption of Jane Eyre, so I'm interested to seeing how he does it.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »
that picture is too scary. i don't like it. [ghost_shocked]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »
also isn't moretz slightly too young for the part?

i thought the character was supposed to be a high school senior(17-18 years old). hence all the drama at the prom.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 04:20:44 PM »
That picture strikes an unnerving chord in me too.   [ghost_smiley]  And this is the third time Carrie has been remade ... there was a fairly dreadful TV remake about ten years ago which my roommate and I at the time mocked ceaselessly ("Shut up!"  "You shut up.").  'Salem's Lot too has been remade twice, and I have a feeling that another one is probably around the corner.   [ghost_wub]
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 01:02:25 AM »
For those who never saw it, here's the 2002 made-for-TV cinematic version.  It has taken hits when it has been compared to the '76 DePalma version, but people forget, it was not a remake.  It was another retelling of the King classic.  That's like, as they say, comparing apples to oranges.  In the 02 version, much from the novel that was kept out of the 76 version, was introduced.  The ending from both the novel and the original cinematic version is different because it was intended to be the pilot for a new series. 

I found this version more "up-to-date," dealing with bullying, parental child-abuse, students being able to do what they want without fear of repritrocity, et. al.

I really, really liked this version.  It's not a remake of the big-screen original; it's a telling of the novel.  It was wonderfully written and cast, and filmed in an atmospheric and dark way.  I hope the new version with Chloe Moretz is the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIhU7U3Uqr0

Gerard