Author Topic: Blooper This Thursday  (Read 733 times)

Selby_D._Pearson

Blooper This Thursday
« on: June 25, 2003, 10:07:54 AM »
Hope no one has already mentioned this....

This Thursday, as I calculate it, the first of the two episodes on Sci Fi will be number 999. It ends with Alexis, Cyrus and Quentin looking down in horror at Angelique's coffin. During the end credits, there is a little man (a stage hand?) eating his lunch in the lower left corner of the screen. There he is, chomping away without a care in the world! This goes on for several seconds shy of a minute before the camera zooms in closer to cut him out of the picture. I don't know how well this will show up with Sci Fi's squeezed self-promoting credits. But, you can see it very clearly on the MPI volume. It's quite funny!

SDP

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Blooper This Thursday
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 09:03:28 PM »
i found the mpi tape and watched it, this guy is chomping away on something, but you never see him take a bite of anything. If he is chewing gum, then he is trying to disintegrate it in world record time, if its food, then he sure is getting his moneys worth, as i counted a full minute of grinding...And little man is right, compared to the pic of Angelique, he looks about 3 foot tall, all in all, a very strange scene. Good catch on noticing it, i missed it.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 09:23:44 PM »
There he is, chomping away without a care in the world! This goes on for several seconds shy of a minute before the camera zooms in closer to cut him out of the picture.
Of all the stage crew type bloopers this is the kind that really makes me want to find someone from the day and grill them for clues as to how the heck this kind of thing ever happened.  A few years back I worked in video production at a local college where we mostly produced courses for cable television.  We had two nice studios and decent enough equipment but we are talking low budget times 10.  Still, this kind of in the shot thing never happened - even when we shot live.  It seems so simple to realize ahead of time that people who should not be in front of the camera should stay well behind it.  I know this is a whole different kind of production, it was done over 30 years ago and maybe there were times when crew had good reason to be that close to the action.  But it's still odd to me that they appear so unconcerned and hum drum about it at times and that it happens SO much. [nuts] (I'm sure I'd have seen it differently had I been there and done that.)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 06:46:11 AM »
I agree with you Castlebee.  Did they really have too many people hanging around the set during all of the taping?   IMO I think the camera man should have been able to see who is suppose to be in full view range of the camera, and who shouldn't be.   These kind of things just kind of really spoil a good scene for me.

Deb