Author Topic: In Case Your're Wondering...  (Read 774 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
In Case Your're Wondering...
« on: April 04, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
...what this is all about:
[occasion16]  [occasion18]  HAPPY 3000!!  [occasion18]  [occasion16]
Today marks the 3000th day that the YaBB/SMF version of the Forum has been up and running (and on April 7th it will be exactly 11 and a half years since we started the Forum back on VantageNet).

It was certainly touch and go when we first switched to YaBB SP after VN folded. (Who'll forget how our first host kept shutting us down for consuming too much bandwidth.  :(  Though we've certainly tried to forget.  :-\)  But we finally worked out a lot of the kinks once we switched to YaBB SE and then to SMF as they proved to be a much better system and a much better fit for us. And coming in the not too distant future the forum will be switching to SMF 2.0, which is going to bring some new features.

But, of course, nothing would be possible without all of you and your support. Thanks for making these 3000 days of the Forum as enjoyable as they've been. And an even bigger thank you for your continued support of the Forum through all its years and various incarnations. We could have never reached these milestones without all of you.  :)  And hopefully even more exciting days are to come as we look forward to the Depp/DS film.  [wink2]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: In Case Your're Wondering...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 10:57:31 PM »
Where has the time gone?  I still remember the old vantagenet.  And remember the ones that once existed on newsgroups and AOL (gone, but not forgotten)?  It all seems like yesterday.  Thank you to MB and Midnite for this seemingly immortal group that's proven the best (and that allows those of us to remember the beginnings to age gracefully)!

[easter_smiley]

Gerard

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 07:16:07 AM »
I WAS wondering what it was.  Wow!!  I really can't believe it's been that long.  Many thanks for all the hard work you've put into making it work.  [easter_smiley]
Josette

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:05:08 PM »
MB thanks to you and Midnite for putting in so much time and effort to make this place run so smoothly! [ghost_grin]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 05:32:11 AM »
I truly appreciate you both for giving us fans a friendly and safe environment to play! :)  I have enjoyed the last few years here immensely! I have made some great friends. [ghost_grin]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/