Author Topic: Semi OT: The Lair season 3  (Read 695 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Semi OT: The Lair season 3
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:28:58 PM »
Fans, the discs for season 3 of "The Lair," here!TV's velveetaesque gay vampire soap opera, are now available on Netflix and I have been catching up with the latest antics.  Creator/director/writer Fred Olen Ray (a friend of Barbara Steele's, btw) continues to show his appreciation for DS and Hammer vampire movies.  In the new season, not only is there a character who talks to a ghost on a disconnected candlestick telephone (and there's even a tracking shot showing that the phone wires aren't connected to anything that mimics a similar shot from a 1969 DS episode), there's also a character who represents a palpable nod to a storyline from the 1991 series comic books (published by the shortlived "Innovation comics").  Not bad, eh?

Sybil Danning is a guest star on the new season, but does not appear until episode 8 so I have yet to see her.  Can't wait!

G.

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
Re: Semi OT: The Lair season 3
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:18:06 PM »
but where is the 4TH season of DANTE'S COVE?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »
Board traffic on IMDB continues to claim that season 4 of Dante's cove will be in production as soon as they line up all the "actors" involved.

G.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 09:36:19 PM »
I heard they shot Dante's Cove season 4 in fall 2009?  It's going to be a long wait if they aren't even in production yet... 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.