Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #211 -- Festival Guests, Hotel Rate, Pre-Fest Event, etc.  (Read 3030 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I believe the Dark Shadows Festival website has been updated today:

http://www.darkshadowsfestival.com/page02a.htm

PS Taeylor Family is much more important!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
PS Taeylor Family is much more important!

Not if one is truly addicted to DS as the first sign that you might be addicted is:
1.) You've replaced all the framed photos of your family/friends with autographed pictures of the DS stars.

And more than the brave fan in that topic have actually done that - and you all know who you are.  [wink2]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Well the trip to see my brother in Philly will also involve Halloween @ Seaview Terrace and meeting some fandom friends I have never met.  So it will be family/DS trip combined!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
This article about the Fest could have been written better IMO (I should talk jk) but any publicity for the convention is always good to see. One of the comments raised a  good point. The DS Festival website mentions that the Festival is near WB, the home of the new DS movie. We all know that it will be filmed at Pinewood Studios so why the error or misleading characterization?

http://www.examiner.com/x-12968-Lexington-Vampire-Examiner~y2010m3d23-Dark-Shadow-Fan-Club-and-Festival-information

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The DS Festival website mentions that the Festival is near WB, the home of the new DS movie. We all know that it will be filmed at Pinewood Studios so why the error or misleading characterization?

I had the same question when I first read that on the Fest's site. But then I just chalked it up to the usual odd things the Fest is apt to say to get people to attend.  :-\  But as you say, as far as the article itself is concerned, any publicity is good to see.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Why do I continue to be surprised when by now I shouldn't be. It does sound juicy however that Burton and Depp could be so close where the Fest is being held. But we know better.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Why do I continue to be surprised when by now I shouldn't be. It does sound juicy however that Burton and Depp could be so close where the Fest is being held. But we know better.

Oh!  I hadn't thought of that.  Could you imagine that happening! I can only imagine Frid and Depp addressing the fans together. 
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It seems the Festival website took down the 2010 convention detailed announcement today. Sorry to say but that website should not be deemed the official website for Dark Shadows. It is the number one hit on google under an official DS website search. I am not saying that operating a website is easy but if it is known in cyberspace as the "official" DS website it should always be current like collinwood.net is. IMO It's also a shame that the darkshadows.com site is not current and relevant these days unlike startrek.com.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It seems the Festival website took down the 2010 convention detailed announcement today.

Odd. If it was a case that something was incorrect or has changed since it was put up, one would imagine they'd simply fix it or only remove the part that was in error, not take the whole thing down...

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Sounds really neat!   i too wish i could attend as well.    Would love to meet David  Selby!
                            Yummy!    Love   Anne [snow_kiss]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but if you have a AAA membership the cost of a room is $111.00 per night which is cheaper than the DS Festival rate of $129.00-the discount applies from Thursday through Sunday.

Thanks Jimbo for the tip I just changed to a AAA reservation will save around $60. I also cashed in Citi Thank You credit card rewards points for Marriott gift cards.
Dan

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Amen to that.  As noted above, Steele is pretty cool.  Michael T Weiss is also quite friendly and Barbara Blackburn is an absolute doll.  Joseph Gordon-Levitt, however, was insufferably arrogant
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I was thinking that Joseph Gordon-Levitt migt be a good choiche for Joe Haskell and Nathan Forbs  in the Depp/Burton movie.
Dan