Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #211 -- Festival Guests, Hotel Rate, Pre-Fest Event, etc.  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
SHADOWGRAM
The Official Dark Shadows News Updates Yahoo Group
Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" News Updates

An Official Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM - The Official "Dark Shadows" Published Newsletters

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/

ShadowGram@aol.com

Number 211. February 6, 2010.

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following breaking news in this Online News Update "bulletin."

--- MARIE WALLACE:
NEW PLAY (NYC – March 1-14) & STAGED READING REPORT
--- **** SG PREMIERE ANNOUNCEMENTS:
2010 DS FESTIVAL "DARK SHADOWS IN THE SUN" CONVENTION:
-EXPECTED GUESTS
-ANTICIPATING A SPECIAL EVENT
-HOTEL SLEEPING ROOMS UPDATE

**** MARIE WALLACE
REPORTS: STAGED READING
UPDATES: NEW PLAY

In SG Updates #209 and #210, Marie (Eve, Mad Jenny, Megan Todd)invited NYC-area fans to her 2-2 staged reading of "War Wounds." She reports there was a full house audience and it "went great."

She now updates her next acting project. She portrays "Lois" in "Where's Sheila?", a new play in the Series C part of the 2010 Spring EATfest at the TADA! Theatre, 15 W. 28th St., 2nd Floor, NYC 10001. www.eatheatre.org

The theatre is located between Broadway and 5th Ave. and the production runs 3-1/14. Shows are Thurs. and Sat. evenings plus Sun. afternoons. Tickets are $18 adults. $12 student/seniors.

EATfest showcases new playwrights and artists, presenting works in progress for audience response and feedback. Marie – and DS fans who attended – enjoyed her role in "The Chiselers" as part of last year's EATfest (see SG #114 and SG #115-#116).

Marie hopes DS fans will come see her onstage next month. She shares more of her news in the upcoming SG #117 print issue – she's been busy!

Her official website is www.mariewallace.com

**** UPDATE: 2010 DS FESTIVAL – "DS IN THE SUN" CONVENTION

Since last September, SG Updates have premiere-announced and updated our 2010 "Cast Reunion & Fan Convention" event.

2010 DS FESTIVAL CONVENTION:
`DARK SHADOWS IN THE SUN"
JULY 16-18, 2010 – BURBANK, CALIFORNIA

We return to the newly-remodeled Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, 2500 Hollywood Way, Burbank, California 91505. 1-818-843-6000.

---- SG PREMIERE ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Among the special guests will be Jonathan Frid, David Selby, Lara Parker, John Karlen, Kathryn Leigh Scott, Jerry Lacy, Marie Wallace, Kathleen Cody, and others.

An extra-special pre-convention event will be held the afternoon of Fri., 7-16. Out-of-town fans planning to attend the Fest are encouraged to arrive on Thurs., 7-15 if possible. SG will announce details shortly in the new SG #117 print issue and in the SG YahooGroup Updates.

SG tells fans "there still are plenty of discounted hotel sleeping rooms for the Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights" available for reservation at the special reduced rate of $129 (+ tax) per night. When making your reservation, you must mention "Dark Shadows" to receive this rate. It is strongly recommended that fans make their hotel arrangements well in advance.

Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center Hotel 1-818-843-6000 (Ask for Reservations Department).

Fans seeking possible rooommates to share hotel room expenses can contact Pam Jarman, Fest Roommate Coordinator. She can not assist with room reservations or travel arrangements. Email: pljarman@hotmailcom or send a SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope) to: Pam Jarman, P.O. Box 45674, Los Angeles, CA 90045.

SG soon will announce membership rates and other information. The upcoming SG #117 print issue will have details about our guests, programming, and other plans for the annual convention. SG Online Updates to the SG YahooGroup also will have news.

Thank you.

Marcy Robin
ShadowGram Editor / Publisher
P.O. Box 1766
Temple City, CA 91780-7766

Shadowgram1@yahoo.com

Official ShadowGram Website: www.ShadowGram.com

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Kathleen Cody....That would be fun for my first fest.   However, I could ever bend Jim Pierson's ear I would ask why people involved in the 1991 version aren't invited or the 2004 pilot for that matter! My only qualm so far about the fest...
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Very curious to find out what the "extra-special pre-convention event" is going to be.  Also looking forward to seeing Kathy Cody for the first time!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Actors from the '91 series attended several '90s Fests - but if I understand the thinking correctly (and this has come from some of the '91 series' stars themselves), they believe there's no interest in having them attend as fans are seemingly only interested in the original stars. I can't say I agree with that because I would love to see actors from the '91 series attend. But there you have it. And if there's a belief that there's no interest in having the '91 series' stars attend, well, it's pretty much a certainty that the same belief is held with regard to the '04 pilot's stars.  [snow_undecided]

As for Kathy Cody, I believe she was supposed to attend a past Fest but never showed. It would be great if she does indeed show up this time. But if history has taught us anything when it comes to the Fests, it's always best to consider the inclusion of some actors' names as hoped for appearances  (and "special" announcements as hoped for announcements) rather than as certainties...

David

Ive met Barbara Steele at several Chiller cons. I think shed come to a fest.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Well I don't mean to be crude but when all the original pass then they may need some of the 1991 stars to fill the void!  I hate that the '91 stars feel that way! :( What a shame!

PS...my points went up dramatically! To whoever...thanks dahlings! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Perhaps there will be more of a feeling of acceptance when it comes to Depp's DS. One can only hope...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but if you have a AAA membership the cost of a room is $111.00 per night which is cheaper than the DS Festival rate of $129.00-the discount applies from Thursday through Sunday.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Sadly it looks as if I won't be able to attend this year.  I will for sure be @ the 2011 45th anniversary in NYC!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I am not 100% if I am going-I just booked the hotel and I can cancel several days before. Too bad you won't be going Taeylor but will see you in 2011 for sure.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Yeah I wish I could Jimbo! It was choice between that a visting my brother in Philly so I decided to go that direction. Thanks for the nice words!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I'm so disappointed to hear that, Taeylor, though I hope you have a great time in Philly.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
FYI--A session on Remembering Grayson is also being planned for this year's Festival.
Julia99

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
Great!  I hope we will see some rare performances of hers at the Festival.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
FYI--A session on Remembering Grayson is also being planned for this year's Festival.

That's awesome. Wish I could attend. Hope they do one for the 45th anniversary!