Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1023  (Read 1055 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1023
« on: June 16, 2010, 11:54:08 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1023
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:03:17 AM »
We do see what throws Cyrus off balance.   Buffie rejects Cyrus for Barnabas then Yaeger, so he becomes Yaeger to reject Buffie for someone he perceives as being on a higher level than her, the new mistress of Collinwood.   Cyrus decides once and for all that nice guys finish last, something that's crossed many of our minds at one time or another.  (There's a good comedy song called "Chicks Dig Jerks".)    Cyrus cuts his last ties to the world he knows, gives in to Yaeger's impulses without reservation.   This is all a very compelling scenario, and I wish they'd been given the time and freedom to explore it better.

I think the fact that he's after his best friend's wife makes it more evil and therefore the ultimate for Yaeger/Cyrus.   Cyrus doesn't want to do Maggie or anyone any harm per se, she may even be someone he cares deeply about and wants to protect.... what he wants is the rush of doing exactly what he considers to be the most wrong.   Caring can hurt and so can guilt; maybe he wants to stop empathizing.   

I wonder if Cyrus's possible thing with Angelique had similar causes.

The potion changed his clothes this time.    Ah, the costume ball's just been mentioned; "Rebecca" has just resumed.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:01:16 AM »
Ah, the costume ball's just been mentioned; "Rebecca" has just resumed.

No kidding. Have you seen the movie? [spoiler]Quentin is Maxim, hence his sour attitude towards everything that reminds him of his wife. I hadn't seen Rebecca until I was well into my thirties. Lord knows if it ever played on the late show during the sixties. But obviously, Dan Curtis saw it and used it here. Grayson Hall plays a mean Danny![/spoiler]

But anyway, didn't Cyrus get into that safe mighty quick? As I remember, (from high school, and yes, it's been many years), combination locks were quite temperamental.

It is my opinion that PT Roger is worse than RT Roger, even in the beginning. Jeez, what a nasty sort!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:05:07 AM »
Have you seen the movie?

I only know the Hitchcock movie.  I saw it probably in the early 80s in the great U.C. Theater in Berkeley, on a double bill with "Notorious".
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:30:29 AM »
Yes, oh holy one, the Hitchcock flick is the one I'm talking about. Weren't you lucky to have seen it on the big screen? Zowee!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 08:11:34 AM »
OT-- That was one spectacularly cool movie theater.  I think it's still operating.   I'd happily walk across town for a double or triple bill there.   Same place I saw Art Clokey (that's not why it's great) and Werner Herzog, for the filming of "Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe", which was late shown at this same venue.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
We wuz robbed.  When Buffie stopped John Yaeger from having his nefarious way with Maggie, I was dying to see the conversation the two girls would have after Yaeger left.  Would Maggie remember Buffie from her childhood at all?  Buffie called Maggie "Mrs. Collins", so apparently Buffie thought not.  It was worth watching, but I wanted to see Maggie and Buffie talking about the good old days and about Cyrus - or else Maggie thanking Buffie politely but distantly and then heading back to Collinwood.

I'm glad we got a replay of yesterday's cliffhanger.  Yesterday I was so impressed with Christopher Pennock playing Cyrus that Pennock's Yaeger didn't stick in my mind - and it would be a shame if that state of affairs had remained.  Maybe I've led a sheltered life, but I don't think I've ever seen somebody do so much acting with his tongue before.

Cyrus went wild today.  Perhaps the experience of being Yaeger has enabled him to make a start on letting out his feelings, or, alternatively, perhaps he won't be able to stand the thought of himself behaving like that.  Only John Yaeger is allowed to behave like that.  That way, by not drinking more of the potion he'll be able to ensure that he'll never express himself inappropriately again.

Have you seen the movie?
Umm...it was a book first.  I know you know that.  Chances are you've read it, too.  It's just something that gets under my skin, when a book is ignored in favor of the movie that was based on it.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 12:49:03 AM »
5/27/70

Again Chris plays this scene so vulgar I cannot believe it was aired; however it fits the character perfectly!  

Well thankfully Buffie saved the day!  Too bad she can't kick some ass!

There seemed to be a cut after Yeager left; however I don't know what it could have been for!  Do you think there was??
Again with Yeager's tongue coming out on his hands seems very vulgar and suggestive.  I thought that was a good way to cut to the transformation without doing an unsucessful dissolves!  

There is some serious noise going on in the background when Maggie comes home!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/