Author Topic: Characters you care about.  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Characters you care about.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 07:40:24 AM »
Remember that song "People who need people..."? I tend to care about the characters whose purpose involved watching out for others, and still entertaining us daily:
Vicki - because if she didn't care about that motley Collinwood crew enough to face ghosts, witches, vampires, Matthew Morgan, time travel, co-stars with hair obsession, bleeder valves, etc., we wouldn't be here today.
Barnabas - because he wanted so much to protect the ones he loved, yet anyone he loved ended up.... well... enjoy the series and carry a box of tissues.
Julia - because she loved the humanity of Barnabas, despite his inhuman tendencies.
Chris - because he loved his orphaned kid sister enough to stick around and face the light of a silvery moon, and live in a musty cottage Mrs. Johnson was too scared to dust or vacuum.. 

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 07:51:45 AM »
Remember that song "People who need people..."? I tend to care about the characters whose purpose involved watching out for others, and still entertaining us daily:

Couldn't have said it better myself, Sandor...great examples. You get another rum coco for that.  ;)   :-*

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 08:00:28 PM »
 I cared about Chris for the same reason. Chris was the only family she had. Her parents were killed in an automobile accident and her brother Tom was attacked in the woods by Angelique and ended up dying on her.

I cared about Tom because he took care of Amy after her parents died.

I cared about Joe Haskell because he cared enough to speak to Chris on his little cousin's behalf.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 10:14:37 PM »
Chris was the only family she had. Her parents were killed in an automobile accident and her brother Tom was attacked in the woods by Angelique and ended up dying on her.

I cared about Tom because he took care of Amy after her parents died.

I cared about Joe Haskell because he cared enough to speak to Chris on his little cousin's behalf.

Amy's story is indeed very sad.  Her only surviving relatives seem to be a brother, cursed with lycanthropy, and a cousin sent to Windcliff.  (She fits right in with the Collinses, no?)  But we weren't told that Amy's and Chris' parents died in a car accident; only that they were dead.

We hear that Hallie Stokes' parents were killed in an accident a few months before her uncle brought her to Collinsport, but that also wasn't described as an auto accident.  However, I bet some on this board might speculate that Hallie drove them to suicide.  [wink2]

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 11:02:34 PM »
We hear that Hallie Stokes' parents were killed in an accident a few months before her uncle brought her to Collinsport, but that also wasn't described as an auto accident.  However, I bet some on this board might speculate that Hallie drove them to suicide.  [wink2]

[laughing_devil]
Life works if you let it

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2005, 12:21:37 AM »
I bet some on this board might speculate that Hallie drove them to suicide.  [wink2]

But then their deaths wouldn't have been accidental, now would they.  [b003]

(Then again, if that theory is true,  [idea2]  perhaps Stokes only told Hallie and everyone else that there had been an "accident." I don't recall if Hallie ever told anyone of witnessing the "accident" or even explained how it came about. Did she?  [scratch])

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2005, 02:28:50 AM »
I always sort of hoped an entirely NEW female character would show up and come on to Willie. 

And not yet another SYT, either.  Nope....Willie needed some wise-crackin' brassy babe to show him a good time.

I'm SURE they could have found ONE actress in all of New York City who could play THAT part! [winkb]

How about Elizabeth Eis as Buffy Harrington somehow finding the way to the "normal" timeband, or Willie goes to hers.  Buffy and Willie were two working-class people from rough backgrounds who were tough and tender, ordinary but sexy.  They were also lost souls who had suffered because of Barnabas and other abusive people in their pasts.[/size]
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 04:32:41 AM »
I do believe that was explored in a fanfic somewhere.  :) ~DJ

Offline cool_splash1

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2005, 07:13:53 PM »
Chris was the only family she had. Her parents were killed in an automobile accident and her brother Tom was attacked in the woods by Angelique and ended up dying on her.
Amy's story is indeed very sad.  Her only surviving relatives seem to be a brother, cursed with lycanthropy, and a cousin sent to Windcliff.  (She fits right in with the Collinses, no?)  But we weren't told that Amy's and Chris' parents died in a car accident; only that they were dead.

That makes me think of Livy on Port Charles.  Her uncle Ryan was a psychotic killer, her mom was in a mental ward, her grandfather was too because his wife (liv's grams) killed his girlfriend (anybody guess she was a bit off).  Then he's a little off too especially when he thought he was his brother.  Talk about dysfunctional.