Author Topic: In Defense of Roger Davis -  (Read 11338 times)

IluvBarnabas

Re: In Defense of Roger Davis -
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2006, 02:33:47 AM »
Wow, I never realized how despised Roger Davis was and his characters as well... ::)

I hope I don't get staked in the heart for saying this, but I actually never had a problem with Roger. I liked Vicki with Peter/Jeff more than any other of the guys she was paired with. (Though I did like her with Mitch Ryan's Burke, but definitely didn't like her with Burke number 2, Anthony George. His Burke was kind of pushy and demanding. Oddly enough though I did like her with Jeremiah, played also by George. Maybe because Jeremiah wasn't as controlling as Burke #2 could be at times).

Well anyway, not saying Roger was the best actor on the show, but he wasn't the worse. (That honor would go to whoever played Randall Drew in the 1840 storyline).

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: In Defense of Roger Davis -
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2006, 03:26:57 PM »
I didn't mind him as Peter Bradford.  He wasn't a strong character, but he did an okay job.  I didn't like him at all as Jeff Clark, he was just such a jerk.  Poor Vicki, she must have really had some sort of masochistic streak in her.  The only other possibility was that she was just really dumb.  I really hated him as Ned Stuart - he took the jerk thing to new and unparalled hights.  I actually liked him quite a bit as Dirk Wilkins.  We just got to this new time of 1897, the characters are unfamiliar and we feel a bit uneasy, and there's Dirk, cold and rude and just generally the type of person who puts you on edge, sort of a microcosm of the whole mood of the time period.  He just fit really well into the whole atmosphere of the story at that point.