Author Topic: Hi Kids!  (Read 1002 times)

jase

Hi Kids!
« on: March 24, 2002, 12:20:52 PM »

Did you miss me?

Anyway, yes, this is jase, I'm back, I can't be kept away.  I haven't had much to say at the forum lately, but believe you me I was always stopping in, and of course I work on Shadows On The Wall.  Took me awhile to find an addy to subscribe with, but I shan't be left out.  I might try and do some commentary on some old shows soon, as I have some free time on my head, and the waxing-waning DSlove is waxing a bit again.  Hope you've all been faboo, because I have.  Love the new board, BTW.  As it says in the sig, you can still reach me at jaseybrite@aol.com, or at CollinsKid at Sci-Fi if you're REALLY desperate.  Or that other mystery addy I shall not unveil unless begged.  BEGGED, I tell you!

Love to all,

jase

TEStokes

Re: Hi Kids!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2002, 12:42:10 PM »
I adore the fan fiction you wrote. Your and Gothick's fan fiction were my favorites , including "officially" released material -- stunning, exquistie, brilliant, and of highest aesthetic merit the "genre" can reach. I hope either, preferably both, of you pursue online publication of additional fanfic endeavors sometime in the near future.

jase

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2002, 01:40:31 PM »

Smashing to see your opinion of me on a whole has changed so dramatically, Jake.  Good to see you.  I've strayed away from fanfic lately and am focusing on my own work, but what I'm most known for around here is a lot of commentary.  Anyway.

TEStokes

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2002, 02:10:03 PM »
I always had a high opinion of your work, just never voiced it. Some of our "issues" stemmed from my being jealous of your work, in fact, but c'est la vie, and I wasn't even old enough to have a driver's license then, so I was perhaps lacking in maturity in some respects. I figured you likely would have advanced to more mature work. Oh well -- just get it published so we can read it, ok? Thanks.

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2002, 03:34:51 PM »
Welcome, "son"!  Mama has missed you.  My two cyber-sons are really growing up, aren't you, and so is my real-life son.

Always loved your DS commentary, Jase, and I'm glad your feelings for DS are waxing once more.

Love, Mama RobinV

PS - How are things in college?

jase

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2002, 03:43:26 PM »
Hey Robin, :)

College is grand, as always.  CSF is still wonderful, and doing the film student thang is serving me well.  I'm having a blast watching some amazing movies, and seeing as I'm now in my second semester of sophomore year it looks as though I may actually be *coping* with this gauntlet that is college (but then, it's all been uphill and sunny skies academics-wise since I graduated) .  Looks like I'm staying here this summer in sunny Santa Fe to possibly do some film columns for a paper, which I'm very excited about.  Also still working on too many scripts too slowly, but Nicky-Nicky knows all about my writing speed. :)  I don't need to ask how YOU're doing; I've heard and read. :)  Love ya, babe.

jase

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2002, 08:23:56 PM »
Yay!  I am so glad to see you on this board and I do hope you do some of your commentary, because you are absolutely brilliant at it  8)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Minja

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2002, 06:32:20 AM »
Welcome Jase!  Missed ya and glad to see you're back on board!  I too love your fanfic work on Shadows On The Wall! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts!

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]

Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2002, 08:03:53 AM »
Hi Jase!  Glad you finally made it, too.  Looking forward to the commentaries!! :) :)
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2002, 08:48:38 AM »
Hi, Jasey Jase, and welcome!  It's great to have you back in the DSverse.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2002, 07:26:29 PM »
Jason, you doll!  It's great to see you here!  It's been waaaaaaay too long!

I'm sure you're far too busy watching ... and writing! brilliant films to fiddle with DS, but you know we'd love to hear some comments from you about the Insanity that is 1795.  

I read a graphic novel in a series called The Invisibles 2 weeks back that made me think of you and your uniquely twisted imagination.  Unfortunately the book switched artists halfway through, and the replacement had the most wretched draftsmanship ... such is life.

xo  Stevie