Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0181  (Read 899 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0181
« on: April 03, 2012, 10:14:01 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0181
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
As Vicky and David went over his composition, I decided that one of Ron Sproat's pet peeves was people who say "between you and I" - although probably what David had in his composition was more like "between her and I".  Dear me, David's never going to get it right if Vicky keeps talking about direct objects.  Direct objects are not memorable to little boys.

And if it occurred to Vicky that when David wrote about an imaginary sister he was thinking of Carolyn, then Vicky hid it better than I think she is capable of doing.

When Guthrie and Joe told Vicky and Carolyn about the results of their activities it suddenly occurred to me that they were very unscientific about it.  Shouldn't they have opened up a non-Laura Murdoch coffin just to make sure that it wasn't that case that all coffins in that particular cemetery were empty?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 12:58:08 PM »
Good morning, Lydia.   That was a really nice Carolyn-David scene.   NOW I buy that Carolyn cares about him.  If only they'd kept on explaining and showing characters' emotional changes in this way, in later years...  Same for the following Vicki-David scene.   Thank you, Ron Sproat.

Dear me, David's never going to get it right if Vicky keeps talking about direct objects.  Direct objects are not memorable to little boys.

He seemed to be getting it just fine... you're right about me though, certainly.   I learned grammar, but only after I made a conscious decision not to pay any more attention to "parts of speech", and what they were called.  That was making it all too complicated to keep track of.  Then I just sort of absorbed the rules.... most of them.

The Collinsport library looks amazingly like the Stockbridge crypt library.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 03:05:33 PM »
Very nice scenes in this ep. Vicki is definitely becoming part of the family.

Poor little David has his first, horrific vision--and Dr. Guthrie reveals the dreadful news in the long-ago newspaper.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »
Vicki and Carolyn sure work themselves into a tizzy. Carolyn has the creeps about being alone. It isn’t long before she has Vicki frightened of nothing as well.

Nobody ever answers Vicki when she asks where Frank is.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Watching Project

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 07:52:04 PM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have been posted.  [easter_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 06:23:47 AM »
David sees his head in the fireplace surrounded by flames as in the painting.  Joe does some sleuthing and finds the article. The Collinsport library looks like it would be full of moldy books. It was fun to see the girls scare themselves silly in the old spooky mansion.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MysticScribe

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »
Joe does some sleuthing and finds the article.

Haskell, P.I. (or is that P.I. Joe?) works the Radcliff case. He gets $50.00 a day, plus expenses.
"I think I'll just go into Collinsport and get drunk." ~ Tim Shaw

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 02:24:11 AM »
Chuckle at your signature, Scribe...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor