Author Topic: "It's Very Clear ....  (Read 933 times)

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
"It's Very Clear ....
« on: July 18, 2002, 06:17:37 PM »
Our Love is Here to Stay ..."

Did anyone here notice that song playing yesterday as Julia entered the Lab after Barnabas took his leave?  

What makes this rather interesting was the unmistakable affection on Julia's face as Barnabas' left, and the warmth in his voice as he expresses his appreciation for all she has done for him.  What a nice touch!

I also like the fact that there is music playing, perhaps hinting that at least Julia likes listening to music while working.  Maybe she likes old show tunes?  Or has Barnabas thrown her into a romantic reverie that inspires her to listen to a lovely, romantic tune such as this.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the song was first made famous in "An American in Paris" (Gene Kelly), although it may well be much older than that.  I also recall hearing it in one or more episodes of the Honeymooners.  
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
Re: "It's Very Clear ....
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2002, 06:30:12 PM »
I thought the song was a nice touch too :)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 09:39:29 PM »
I noticed the song too.  It was a great touch.  Our Love is Here to Stay was written by George Gershwin.  It really seemed to fit the type of music I imagine Julia would have enjoyed.  I enjoy the American song writers.

Birdie--just wondering why Barnabas didn't install electricty, heat and a phone once he was cured.  Why would Julia set up a lab in those conditions? Guess the radio ran on batteries.  Julia of the portable generator.
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 09:52:24 PM »

I enjoyed the music too, it added a different touch, need more of that in this storyline!  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan