Author Topic: only relative  (Read 996 times)

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
only relative
« on: July 18, 2002, 05:17:22 AM »
joe tells dr. hoffman that  tom had only one relative, him.   huh???  i read in earlier posts that briscoe was brought back by popular demand, but to go from only
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
relative to having a twin and little sister, well, the writers made no effort at all to adjust to this flaw in writing( lol  guess if your hooked on the show, you will buy anything).. ;D  and one more thing...by reading the comments on the board about briscoe, seems to be a very popular character....but as a vampire, he is a bit over the top imo.  that tongue thing and that absurd vampire talk "joooooolia, i AM WAITING FOR YOU" . well, i believe both barnabas, even with his flubs and nervousness, and angelique, are much better vampires, maybe even dirk :o  if there was such a thing as "dork vampires" briscoe would win ;D  but, he is not bad as regular actor, thought he did a good job.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: only relative
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2002, 06:32:59 AM »
I didn't consider this "relationship" statement to be one of their discrepancies.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

While his brother subsequently shows up, he's clearly not in town at the moment and the sister is still a little girl.  So, for all practical purposes, in terms of making funeral arrangements, Joe was the only relative there.
Josette

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 06:55:19 AM »
I got the impression from his statement that he meant he was the only relative, not the only available relative.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 07:00:00 AM »
Well, it's possible that when he said it, that IS what he meant and the others hadn't been thought of yet!  However, for the reasons I explained above, I still find that it fits with the subsequent facts and so can accept this one!
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 10:03:55 AM »
SPOILER.........SPOILER..............SPOILER...........SPOILER

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I think something was mentioned about this later on when Chris arrives on the scene. I don't remember who said it but I believe that when Chris arrives at Collinsport, someone mentions to Joe about Tom having no relatives. I think Joe mentions that no one has heard from Tom's brother Chris in years (he was hiding out somewhere because of his own curse) and apparently everyone thought he might have died because he had distanced himself from his family long ago on account of his curse.
"Calamity Jane"