Author Topic: HIDING THE MARKS  (Read 1419 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
HIDING THE MARKS
« on: July 17, 2002, 03:34:47 PM »
We voted the Vampires. Now it is time to rate their VICTIMS. Oddly,  some Vampires were also victims like Barnabas, Roxanne Drew, and Tom Jennings. Who was the BEST at hiding the marks, etc.? Was it Maggie, Joe, Willie, Carolyn, Tom, Julia...You be the judge and do have fun!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: HIDING THE MARKS
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 05:50:47 PM »
Did they ever actually SHOW Willie's bite marks?  They were so damned phobic about  that whole event!

Oddly enough, he wore turtlenecks so often, it almost gave the impression he had something to hide under them!

But at least the turtlenecks didn't make him look like a member of the Hitler Youth, like these gray button downs with the narrow ties he's wearing now....yecccch!!

Rainey

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 10:05:34 PM »
Did they ever actually SHOW Willie's bite marks?  They were so damned phobic about  that whole event!

Oddly enough, he wore turtlenecks so often, it almost gave the impression he had something to hide under them!

I believe that Barn. bit Willie on the wrist...don't know if it was ever implied that he'd moved on to the jugular.
Even if it were so, heaven forbid they show it or even intimate such a thing.   :o

MrsJ.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 10:17:16 PM »

I believe that Barn. bit Willie on the wrist...don't know if it was ever implied that he'd moved on to the jugular.
Even if it were so, heaven forbid they show it or even intimate such a thing.   :o

MrsJ.

You are correct - Willie never had fang marks (not on the TV show, anyway). When Jason McGuire unwrapped his bandaged arm he found only what he believed to be a "small cut."

Much is made of the fact that Barnabas did not bite Willie on the neck - probably due to homophobic fear - but they must have dispensed with such worries after the character became so popular. Barnabas DID bite Sandor on the neck in 1897; Tom Jennings tried to bite Barnabas on the neck, and of course Roxanne made a victim out of Julia later in the series.

I believe the best victim was Carolyn. She really seemed to enjoy her willing thrall the most. Most of the other victims experienced fear and self-loathing; Carolyn seemed thrilled to be Barnabas' new little helper.

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 10:49:45 PM »

Well, you have to remember the era. Even tho we see it differently now, sponsors would have censored the show or pulled it off the networks if too much was shown.

Maybe Barnabas sought the jugular offscreen to keep Willie under control.

But at least the turtlenecks didn't make him look like a member of the Hitler Youth, like these gray button downs with the narrow ties he's wearing now....yecccch!!  Rainey

LOL! Heil Barnabas!! You have to admit that he looks soooooo :-* handsome with his haircut.  Even tho he was 35, he looked a helluva lot younger!!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 11:46:34 PM »
 You have to admit that he looks soooooo :-* handsome with his haircut.  Even tho he was 35, he looked a helluva lot younger!!

Oh my, yes, the haircut does wonders for him.  But he had more than his share of hairstyles on this show.....it would be an amusing thing, a montage of all JK's characters hairstyles.  [lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2002, 05:14:30 AM »
Barnabas DID bite Sandor on the neck in 1897; Tom Jennings tried to bite Barnabas on the neck, and of course Roxanne made a victim out of Julia later in the series.

Roxanne's victim was Maggie Evans...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2002, 06:30:03 AM »
Roxanne's victim was Maggie Evans...

That was in 1970 regular time.  Back in 1840 Angelique (Valerie) got Roxanne to "do" Julia.
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2002, 09:40:06 AM »
I'd have to rate Carolyn as the best victim for hiding her marks. [fangs]  She seemed to be enjoying herself as Barnabas' "victim"  and she was so evil about it too.[evily]  

Josette was pretty good too on hiding her marks, but unlike Carolyn, she kept passing out which kind of gave everyone the idea that something wasn't quite right with her. [sleep]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2002, 03:25:53 AM »
I don't know if she was really good at hiding the marks, but my vote for the best victim (and subsequent) best vampire goes to

?
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Megan Todd.  Marie Wallace was the most willing and sensual victim I can remember during the run of the show.  The scenes between her and Frid were hot  ;)

MrsJ.

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2002, 06:05:12 AM »
Cassandra wrote:
I'd have to rate Carolyn as the best victim for hiding her marks.

I agree. She was smug about it all the way.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan