Author Topic: Going to Duluth by way of Tibet?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Going to Duluth by way of Tibet?
« on: July 17, 2002, 05:23:14 AM »
Okay, things that make you go hmmm

In the same episode where Angelique was able to make Joe leave his date, ignore a disgusting felony in progress, and come and make nice-nice with her, we have the

OH NO, WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF TOM JENNINGS COMES OUT OF HIS COMA AND MENTIONS THAT HE SAW A COFFIN IN THE BASEMENT!!!

(sorry for the shouting, the melodrama of it all just seemed to call for them ;) )

Um, any ideas (other than for convenience of the plot and to save Sam and the boys from actually having to think) as to why she didn't try her "earth to Victim X routine" on the luscious Mr. Jennings?

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Duluth by way of Tibet?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 06:48:08 AM »
Plot device? I have never quite understood why Barney EVER had an enemy while he was a fanged one. Why fuss about Trask and Vicky's trial? Just give him a quick nip (on the WRIST, naturally) and he will do your bidding!

Ok, it did seem like the effects of a bite would kind of wear off after a while, especially with blood transfusions. But even still, this never made any sense to me either.

HEY, they could have just HYPNOTIZED Tom!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 09:50:25 AM »
Plot device?

HEY, they could have just HYPNOTIZED Tom!

That's just what I was thinking. Wouldn't it have been alot easier for Nickolas or even Angelique to hypnotize Tom before things got too carried away?  Nickolas had no problem hypnotizing Vicky or anyone else for that matter.
Once again, Angelique or Nickolas does something to someone without thinking about the consequences that will follow. The only time they will do something is when they feel it's going to interfere with their plans.  This happens later on when Angelique sinks her fangs into someone which causes a delay in the experiment. Then of course Nickolas does something about it. But only if it suits him.

I could never understand why Angelique went through all that trouble in 1795 causing Josette to fall for Jeremiah?  Wouldn't it have been so much easier to just cast a spell on Josette to make her deathly ill?
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 10:48:38 AM »

I could never understand why Angelique went through all that trouble in 1795 causing Josette to fall for Jeremiah?  Wouldn't it have been so much easier to just cast a spell on Josette to make her deathly ill?

But the point wasn't to harm Josette, it was to get Barnabas.  If anything happened to Josette, he would just be upset about that, or, if she died, he would be mourning her.  She assumed that if Josette betrayed him, he would be furious with her and turn to someone else (Angelique).
Josette