Author Topic: Variety is the spLice of li(ves)  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
Variety is the spLice of li(ves)
« on: July 15, 2002, 07:59:26 PM »
Barnabas: "We'll need bodies Willie"

Ok, I know variety is supposed to be the spice of life, but is it really necessary to have Willie dig up an arm here, a foot there, a leg there, etc....etc...... in order to make Adam a mate? What's wrong with going for quality instead of quantity and digging up just "one" body. Think of all the knit one pearl two stitching it will save on poor Julia's fingers to do just that. ;D

Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Variety is the spLice of li(ves)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 08:30:33 PM »
hat's wrong with going for quality instead of quantity and digging up just "one" body. Think of all the knit one pearl two stitching it will save on poor Julia's fingers to do just that. ;D

True. But it's much more gruesome to think of Julia stitching together different parts of cadavers - and you know that DC was NEVER one for subtlety. [wink2]

Connie

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 08:36:58 PM »
Barnabas: "We'll need bodies Willie"

Ok, I know variety is supposed to be the spice of life, but is it really necessary to have Willie dig up an arm here, a foot there, a leg there, etc....etc.....

Why doesn't Barnabas dig up his OWN damned bodies?
Willie should have said:
"Yeah Barnabas - I got yer dead bodies right HERE!"
(making the appropriate gesture of course)

-CLC

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 09:20:37 PM »
Willie should have said:"Yeah Barnabas - I got yer dead bodies right HERE!"
(making the appropriate gesture of course)-CLC

But then Willie would've been savagely beaten about the head and shoulders with a wolf's head cane.

And, really...who wants that?
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 09:42:08 PM »
What's wrong with going for quality instead of quantity and digging up just "one" body. Think of all the knit one pearl two stitching it will save on poor Julia's fingers to do just that. ;D

I was wondering the same thing in Adam's case - why is it necessary to build the guy from various pieces? Was the purpose of Lang's experiment to give life to a lifeless creature, or was it equally the purpose to create that creature? Aside from the obvious Frankenstein rip-off the only thing I can think of is that the body must be created from "scratch" in order to give it its own, unique identity - otherwise they'd be bringing a dead body back to life rather than creating an entirely new person and giving it new life.

?!? ?!?

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2002, 09:45:26 PM »

"Yeah Barnabas - I got yer dead bodies right HERE!"
(making the appropriate gesture of course)
-CLC

Actual LOL [rollb]

Some of us might like a replacement body part or two! [or at least a spare hair!]

Poor Willie! ;)

grew-some!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2002, 10:37:31 PM »
But then Willie would've been savagely beaten about the head and shoulders with a wolf's head cane.

And, really...who wants that?

I agree Scout75.  Poor Willie will always get the short end of the stick!!

Hey, when you think of it, they should really have Adam DIG UP THE BODIES!  # 1 -  He has the super human strength,  #2- He can choose the features  himself, and last but not least, #3 IT'S HIS MATE!!  Barnabas & Julia should tell him to do the digging himself!  [puke]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2002, 10:45:46 PM »
I was wondering the same thing in Adam's case - why is it necessary to build the guy from various pieces? Was the purpose of Lang's experiment to give life to a lifeless creature, or was it equally the purpose to create that creature? Aside from the obvious Frankenstein rip-off the only thing I can think of is that the body must be created from "scratch" in order to give it its own, unique identity - otherwise they'd be bringing a dead body back to life rather than creating an entirely new person and giving it new life.

?!? ?!?

My interpretation of the Frankenstein story was that several bodies were required because each corpse had unique physical imperfections resulting from the trauma that killed it -- thus, the doctor had to assemble his creation from the spare parts of many bodies.

What I don't understand is how many fresh corpses are available at any one time in the small town of Collinsport?  I assume they'd have to be recently dead so that decay hadn't set in too severely?  Shouldn't Willie have to take the Barnabus-mobile to the nearest big city to find an adequate fresh supply? :P
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2002, 12:18:54 AM »
i got to thinking, obviously they need fresh bodies..well, what happens when someone recognizes adams old face???  "hey, i know him, thats murray, but he died a couple of months ago, and the funny thing is, he was 5 foot 5, and now he looks 7 feet tall"  and .."well, i saw zelda today, and she died over a month ago"  i guess the body and arms and legs can be hidden, but what about their faces? ;D
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2002, 12:59:12 AM »
i got to thinking, obviously they need fresh bodies..well, what happens when someone recognizes adams old face???  "hey, i know him, thats murray, but he died a couple of months ago, and the funny thing is, he was 5 foot 5, and now he looks 7 feet tall"  and .."well, i saw zelda today, and she died over a month ago"  i guess the body and arms and legs can be hidden, but what about their faces? ;D

ROFLOL!!!

I love it!

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2002, 04:50:48 AM »

?!? ?!?

WOW, that's the first explanation that makes sense 2 me. I've been trying 2 figure out why on earth they needed 2 dig up dif body parts. But then again, their soul has already passed on, so the body would become alive as a new person ..... if you believe in that sort of thing anyway  :-/

and Tripwire >> ROTFLMAO!! That would be soo funnie! Too bad it never happened. Of course, are the scars because they stitched together like 5 different pieces of someone's face [different someone's, that is] or ... because that face was in some sort accident? LOL DS is so weird sometimes ^_~
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2002, 05:25:23 AM »
From what I remember of my long ago dating days (been married too long to remember much), I don't think piecing some guy together would have been such a bad idea.  Take what you like from some dude and leave the rest. Some David Selby eyes, the guy who played Gregory in Love!Compassion!Valor! (or whatever it was), I'd throw his butt in the mix.  Some Chris Noth here, a bit of John Holmes there ( ;)).  Just pull the good parts off the shelf, some assembly required.

Nancy
ghp&qc4ever
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2002, 02:28:28 PM »
.  Take what you like from some dude and leave the rest. Some David Selby eyes, the guy who played Gregory in Love!Compassion!Valor! (or whatever it was), I'd throw his butt in the mix.  Some Chris Noth here, a bit of John Holmes there ( ;)).  Just pull the good parts off the shelf, some assembly required.

Nancy
ghp&qc4ever

Once this guy  is all finished  , you can clone him and we all can have one. ;D
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2002, 07:08:26 PM »
Take what you like from some dude and leave the rest. Some David Selby eyes, the guy who played Gregory in Love!Compassion!Valor! (or whatever it was), I'd throw his butt in the mix.  Some Chris Noth here, a bit of John Holmes there ( ;)).  Just pull the good parts off the shelf, some assembly required.

ROTFLOL Nancy! [hello]
Oh, if it could be so easy!
(Selby-eyes, Holmes, in the same wrap??  YOW!! :o)

Karen #2
(okay, promise to get my mind out of the gutter now  :-X  )
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2002, 12:31:53 AM »
scout75's signiture contains:
"Love and darkness and my sidearm..."--Moby & Gwen Stefani

I love South Side. But I'm more partial to Come On Baby:

"And I love one time when your life goes suck"