Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0903  (Read 3085 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0903
« on: December 11, 2009, 08:02:27 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0903
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:31:18 AM »
Elizabeth is a pleasure to watch these days - so full of decision and gumption.  Hmm...Rachel Drummond had decision and gumption, too.  But Elizabeth's got intelligence.

I'm glad we've got Mr. Nakamura.  An inscrutable Asian makes Dark Shadows just that much more complete.  The downward-drooping mustache is very pleasing.  It would be nice if Mr. Nakamura's expression were a little more sinister, but I suppose that might detract from his inscrutability.

I wish the sets had been included in the closing credits.  If they had, then yesterday we would have seen "Paul Stoddard's room....Room 24" and today we would have seen "Olivia Corey's room...Room 24".  We were told today that Olivia's room is at the Collinsport Inn.  Have we had the same information about Paul's room?  Do Paul and Olivia pass each other in the lobby occasionally?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 11:40:07 AM »
We were told today that Olivia's room is at the Collinsport Inn.  Have we had the same information about Paul's room?

I don't recall if anyone has ever said Paul is saying at the Collinsport Inn (I'm not watching the eps - only going through screen caps from them), but just back in Ep #902 there's a clear visual indication that he's staying there.  [santa_smiley]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
Oh, yeah, so there was.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 08:22:21 PM »
I liked this one, but found almost nothing to say about it, only:  Stokes is an expert in handwriting analysis?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 11:55:10 PM »
Stokes is pretty much an all around genius I have decided!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 11:06:28 PM »
12/11/69 VO: GH

Donna seems like she is nervous or something as if she is having trouble with her lines.  
I love how GH says, “Yeess”  

Donald looks so darling . Jared Padalecki of SUPERNATURAL fame reminds me of a modern day version of DB with the shaggy hair, sideburns, warm skin and sleepy eyes!
One has to wonder what happened to such props as the autograph.  It's a shame things like this were no saved. Although  I would say if they were a lot things were probably saved by the actors Ala Jonathan Frid’s hair that KLS got and her “bite mark” from HODS!

Nice touch with DB loosening his tie up when he brings the panting back to Julia.  It's the little quirks and choices that actors make, such as this, that make the acting much more believable.  I think DB is another one who could have been a big star if certain events would have went differently!  

PS. I guess it's okay to post the date the show aired for those who may be watching on VHS!  If not just let me know! :)

This man find Chris much more attractive than Amanda/Olivia!  I can't remember why I wrote that.  I think someone mentioned her being gorgeous or something!  LOL
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 12:22:05 AM »
You appear to be working from notes as I am, T....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 11:23:48 PM »
Yeah I always write notes as I am watching! Is there something wrong with???  [santa_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 11:30:55 PM »
Lydia--

mscbryk wrote a brilliant tribute to "Room 24" and its many occupants.  It became clear over time that Room 24 was generally a final way-station on the strange skittish downward spiral taken by so many in Collinsport  to that unique address for those with a tendency towards the bizarre, the uncanny, the weird ... that unknown destination some call ... the twilight zone.

Check "Room 24" on the search engine and see what comes up...

G.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 09:12:37 AM »
Thanks, Gothick.  I'm familiar with mscbryk's special devotion to Room 24.  It's one of the many things that make these Forums so much fun.

Was this the tribute to which you were referring?
Discuss - Ep #0362

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 05:32:58 AM »
I take it that the same person or thing that knocked over the desk and phone in the shop to distract Liz also turned off all the lights there earlier that evening. ???

That Olivia displays her own headshots in her hotel room is just too funny.  She's a well-known actress-- we get it.  It's also decorated with items from her grandmother's time, such as the mantle clock that can also be seen in MB's screen grab of Petofi's lair when it figured prominently in #825:

I wish the sets had been included in the closing credits.  If they had, then yesterday we would have seen "Paul Stoddard's room....Room 24" and today we would have seen "Olivia Corey's room...Room 24"..
I think Paul's room resembles Burke's suite (#24) more than Olivia's does, but in the previous ep, Paul told the front desk that he's in Room 37.

If you look really closely at the x-ray that Olivia pulls out of the sleeve, you'll see it's actually not of a canvas but of someone's chest, and I'm guessing they got it for free since it's a tad overexposed.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 06:34:48 AM »
not of a canvas but of someone's chest
Neat!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 06:24:41 PM »
Oops, I meant to answer this.
I guess it's okay to post the date the show aired for those who may be watching on VHS!  If not just let me know! :)
It's okay as long as the same info hasn't already been posted in the topic.  Same with the voiceovers-- if, for example, a poster has already said that Edmonds did the voiceover, then VO LE is simply repeating, but posting the info again as a comment such as Louis Edmonds did a great voiceover is fine.  Hope that was clear, and thanks for asking. [smlyg]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 10:30:46 AM »
No problemo Midnite! I have been with my Granny in the deep south snowed in for two weeks! So I am behind but I wanted to let you guys know I hadn't left again!  I am gonna be fervently working on my post's tomorrow! Luckily I had plenty of time to watch DS for two weeks and have episodes reviewed up to the end of this particular storyline! :)