Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0829  (Read 1281 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0829
« on: July 23, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0829
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:57:48 PM »
Another Lara Parker episode in a row.  It's all good.  Angelique has come to the rescue again and tied up a number of dangling storylines, and she will marry Quentin within the month as her price.  Jamison asks Quentin why he is trying to kill David.  It makes one wonder how all these supernatural events have changed Jamison and what effect they have on him.  Edward true to the form of the male head of the  Collins family, refuses to believe that anything supernatural has happened. 
How different Charity is in her actions as she has become Pansy.  I'd forgotten she has real visions of the future and this one predicts Quentin's death on September 10th.  A bloody death in the tower room.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Angelique succeeded in removing Count Petofi's spells. Jamison and Edward were back to normal. [cheer]  Edward had no memory of what happened to him; and, at first, Jamison only had some weird images that didn't make any sense. But later, Jamison asked Quentin why he wanted to kill David, so part of David was still there.
2. Charity let Edward out of the Tower Room.
3. When Quentin revealed it to Edward, we found out that Count Petofi's first name was Andreas, and he was a Hungarian nobleman.
4. Edward was still adamant about destroying Barnabas and thought of him as the enemy, even after hearing from Quentin about all the bad things that Count Petofi had done.
5. Charity had a vision about Quentin's death on the 10th of September next.
6. Edward actually apologized to Quentin!

I love it when Angelique said, "You cannot take this boy – I will not let you have him!" Really exciting; made me have goosebumps! [ghost_shocked]

It was amusing to watch Charity talking to a very different Edward than the one she saw after she released him. I'm sure she liked him better before he changed back to himself. Louis Edmonds did an excellent job of instantly changing from the kind, subservient "servant" back to his own, pompous, aggressive self. Bravo! [clap2] Edward certainly did not approve of the "new" Charity! [lghy]

I thought Charity's vision was very thrilling. The blood looked like red paint, especially on Quentin's chest. It really looked fake!  [ghost_rolleyes]

I really like Quentin's transformation from a "borderline bad guy" to a good guy. [ghost_smiley] Edward wanted to deal with Barnabas first, even though he heard how evil Count Petofi was (and to a lesser degree, Trask). It was like Edward just kept on going where he left off before, even though many things had happened to change things. Of course, during that time, Quentin had come to think of Barnabas as a trusted friend who was a great help to him.  [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »
I think Edward would be proud to the point of smugness, at his ability to be absolutely unaffected and unchanged by any experience!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »
David/Jamison:  "I'm not who I thought I was. I'm - I'm someone else, someone far away."
Angelique:  "Yes, yes, you're someone else, far away. You must let that someone reenter your body."
Well, it's no wonder that these mind switches and possessions are hard to follow!  I'm assuming she is speaking to David's spirit, who is in the midst of an identity crisis (not surprising when your new moniker is "someone else"), and she's commanding him to return to his as-yet-unborn body (!!).  What a mess.

Anyway, screaming at him didn't end the spell, so Angelique turned to her Master for help.  And he obliged by restoring Edward too, but apparently he wasn't asked to help Charity.  But maybe the Master of Darkness would prefer her the way she is now anyway.  Though it's my guess that Charity, who tasted liquor and found her inner slut while in Barnabas' thrall and crushed on Quentin, would keep Pansy Faye if given the choice.

We learned that Jamison was himself again because he recognized Angelique (as opposed to Cassandra), and Louis Edmond's body language told us the same thing before the character said a word.  And that is the difference between a good actor and a great actor.

Everybody wants Quentin, Satan included. [nodassent]

Jamison asks Quentin why he is trying to kill David.
And IIRC, Angelique showed no reaction.  I wonder how much she knows at this point about Quentin's haunting.  Didn't Cassandra pop in once while his ghost was active?

It makes one wonder how all these supernatural events have changed Jamison and what effect they have on him.
Excellent point.  Once Quentin's fate gets altered, Jamison's memories of David's victimization by Quentin's ghost probably should disappear.  Yeah, right.

at first, Jamison only had some weird images that didn't make any sense. But later, Jamison asked Quentin why he wanted to kill David, so part of David was still there.
I think David is gone.  And that was another bit of memory from the possession.

Edward apparently forgot what occurred in #803 before he received his own kiss of truth-- Quentin informing him that Jamison had been possessed by the dangerous Count Petofi, aka Victor FG, that his son's odd behavior necessitated a visit by the doctor, and lastly, that the boy's hand was detachable.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 12:18:44 AM »
It was interesting to see Angelique appeal to the Devil to free Jamison and Edward from Petofi's spell.  What is Petofi's relationship to the devil?  Maybe there is none; maybe the fact that his hand touched the Sphinx indicates that his relationship is with some ancient Egyptian deity.

We learned that Jamison was himself again because he recognized Angelique (as opposed to Cassandra), and Louis Edmond's body language told us the same thing before the character said a word.  And that is the difference between a good actor and a great actor.
I thought it was the voice that showed the Edward had changed.  Servant Edward's voice is more resonant than that of family man Edward.

Why is Angelique taking her time about marrying Quentin?  She should follow Trask's example, and marry her prey before he has time to get away.

I liked the way we never stopped seeing Charity's face during her vision, and there were some occasional movements in it, so we knew it wasn't just a photo.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 02:22:23 AM »
I wondered why Angelique wasn't rushing to get Quentin to the altar myself. Back in 1795, she could hardly wait to say I do to Barnabas, with Quentin she's willing to wait a month. Hmm....makes one wonder just how strong her feelings for Quentin really are. [hall2_lipsrsealed]

Charity/Pansy is a piece of work, isn't she? She refuses to let another woman have Quentin, going so far as to even try to kill him. I still don't think that's something the real Pansy would have done. We never got to know the real Pansy real well, but from the little we did see of her, she struck me as the kind of woman who, if she had faced losing Carl to another woman, she would have had it out with her rival, in a real nasty catfight, not to murder the man she loved.

Edward is back to normal. I GUESS that's good... [hall2_rolleyes]

Jamison is also himself again, and that's definitely good. He probably shouldn't remember any of David's memories, but this is DS after all....