Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0859  (Read 927 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0859
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:28:17 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0859
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 05:35:04 PM »
Quentin with Petofi's body fools Kitty into  believing and threatening her with the hand she is supposed to remember even though the gypsies had it until recently.  How soon the writers forget.  Edward forgets and calls her Katie.  Nora takes and instant dislike to Lady Hampshire and at least Nora knows that a child would never call and adult by her first name unless she preceded it with Aunt.  "This grownup likes to win."  was a fun line.  It seemed like Kitty had many opportunities to steal the Tate where she wouldn't get caught and squanders them.
Spell check suggested that I can Petofi to Prof.   I'm guessing it too longs for a return of the other Thayer David character.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 12:53:04 AM »
Doubly funny goof:   Right after Kitty says she doesn't always know who she is anymore, Edward calls her Katie!  No wonder the poor woman's confused!   [hall_wink]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 07:10:58 PM »
I noticed how much Nora took an instant dislike to Kitty. I think she still misses her mother and resents another woman whom she perceives as trying to take her place.

I wonder how much Edward may have told Kitty about Laura....I don't think he would have told her about Laura's supernatural side, but then again he and Kitty have been friends for quite awhile, so maybe he felt the secret would be safe with her.

Petofi in Quentin's body so enjoys tormenting Quentin in Petofi's body. It reaffirms my belief Petofi is a shameless sadist. So far I think Petofi is doing a good job in fooling Edward...he's just as smart-alecky as the real Quentin can be. Quentin hasn't been able to convince anyone, except the now gone Julia, who he really is, so he just throws in the towel and decides to pretend to be Petofi long enough to get Tate's portrait of him.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 08:26:55 AM »
I wonder how much Edward may have told Kitty about Laura....I don't think he would have told her about Laura's supernatural side, but then again he and Kitty have been friends for quite awhile, so maybe he felt the secret would be safe with her.
No, Edward wants to marry Kitty for her money, so he's trying to make the Collins family look like a safe investment.  Apparently he couldn't avoid having her learn about his cousin the vampire, but, to misquote from The Importance of Being Earnest: To have one supernaturally nasty relative may be regarded as a misfortune; to have two looks like carelessness.  So all Kitty has heard is that Laura is dead.  Otherwise she wouldn't have said anything to Nora about her.

A couple of years ago, I made a comment in the Watching Project along the lines of how much more natural Maggie was with Sarah than Vicky was.  Today Kitty was stiff and unnatural with Nora.  Nice job by Kathryn Leigh Scott - aided and abetted, of course, by Denise Nickerson's famous stone face.

Julia's such a familiar character that I'm charmed by the image of her as a mystery woman who appears out of the blue and then vanishes, and who may well be responsible for the strange things that have been happening to Kitty.  I don't think we get any more investigation of her by Edward and Kitty, but I'd like to.  But why didn't Julia's clothes go back home with her?  I suppose she showed up there in her 1897 clothes.  Professor Stokes's monocle might have dropped out of his eye if he had seen Julia naked, carrying her 1969 clothes.