Author Topic: soapnet  (Read 1382 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
soapnet
« on: August 05, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »
i just got soapnet and they are running the old Ryan'sHope from 1975
are any of the DS cast on this show?

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: soapnet
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 09:42:35 AM »
Hi Jen, I've been watching RH also but where I am they're now currently showing the episodes from 1978.  I do know that Nancy Barrett was on the show early on as Dr Faith Coolridge so you may be able to catch a glimpse of her if you're watching the early eps.  I don't think she was on too long though as they seemed to have had a few different women playing the character.

Also Craig Slocum has been in a few episodes.  He plays Jack Fenelli's friend Lou.   
Not sure of anyone else.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 06:27:58 PM »
Yep, SOAPnet is currently airing episodes from February 1978.

Nancy Barrett was on from July to August 1976 as Faith Coleridge #2, and she appeared in 9 episodes. Unfortunately, both she and the show felt she was miscast and they mutually decided to part ways. Catherine Hicks (now on 7th Heaven) is currently playing the role on the SOAPnet reruns. Two screen caps of Nancy on RH can be found here.

Donna Wandrey played Dr. Myers for two episodes in March and April 1977. Dr. Myers helped Delia Ryan with the miscarriage she was having at the time.

Kenneth McMillan, who appeared in two or three episodes (?) of DS, played Charlie Ferris in a few episodes of RH from 1975 and 1976.

As for Craig Slocum, I'm not too sure if he really plays Lou. Lou hasn't changed portrayers since the start of the show, but the one time Lou was listed in the credits, they stated that Carlo Grasso was playing the role.

There are a lot of connections between RH and DS behind the scenes. For the show's first ten years on the air, RH was taped in the old DS studio.

Robert Costello, who produced DS' first three years, also produced RH's first three years.

Lela Swift was the main director on both RH and DS. She directed both of the show's first episodes along with their last episodes. Henry Kaplan later joined the directing team at RH during some point in the mid-to-late 80's.

Sy Tomashoff also designed the sets on RH until the early 80's.

Ramse Mostoller was the costume designer on both shows, while Sybil Weinberger supervised the music on both.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 06:43:39 PM »
Donna Wandrey played Dr. Myers for two episodes in March and April 1977. Dr. Myers helped Delia Ryan with the miscarriage she was having at the time.

There are some screen grabs on my Dark Shadows Alumni site.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 07:30:41 PM »
jennifer, aren't you glad you asked?  The forum cousins are so knowledgeable!

As for Craig Slocum, I'm not too sure if he really plays Lou. Lou hasn't changed portrayers since the start of the show, but the one time Lou was listed in the credits, they stated that Carlo Grasso was playing the role.

One of our members (his biggest fan) spotted him:
Craig Slocum On Ryan's Hope Today

Here's another interesting topic on Ryan's Hope, but these are not all that can be found if you do a search using the show's title--
A Veritable Who's Who

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 08:10:40 AM »
VictoriaWintersRox Wrote:

Not sure who portrayed the character in the early episodes but Craig Slocum does play the role of Lou during the 1977/78 episodes.  I saw him on not too long ago and his name was listed in the credits.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 02:55:17 PM »
thanks eveyone and yes i'm glad i asked Midnite :) i'll have to check
out those links i think Delia is on OLTL now! wow that was 1978(the year
i graduated from nursing school every thing looks so outdated i'm sticking to the classics! LOL)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 05:17:21 PM »
Not sure who portrayed the character in the early episodes but Craig Slocum does play the role of Lou during the 1977/78 episodes.  I saw him on not too long ago and his name was listed in the credits.

Hmm, I do recall seeing Lou recently (right before the Ireland episodes), but I don't recall seeing CS (or anyone else, for that matter) listed in the credits for playing Lou.  :-  I'm just a bit skeptical since the episode CraigSlocum mentioned in one of her topics from last year was the episode in which another actor was credited for playing Lou, lol.

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 03:32:12 AM »
Sy Tomashoff also designed the sets on RH until the early 80's.

werent parts of collinwood used to build the Ryan's bar. and RH was filmed in the same studio as DS.